We are an active lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer proudly based in the UK. Born in 1988, we’ve grown from selling just a few t-shirts and sweatshirts to become one of the UK’s most iconic fashion lifestyle brands. We’re proud of the clothes we make, and we’re proud of our people, too. They’re what makes us stand out, bringing fresh, unique ideas to the table each day So, if you’re up for a new challenge, come and join the FatFace family and see what you can achieve. We’re a friendly bunch and we can honestly say that no two days are the same.
As a product designer your ultimate role is to create a shopping experience that our customers love. You’ll work closely with the Digital Customer Experience Manager, Digital Analyst, Creative, Brand and development teams to create effortless digital experiences that keep our customers coming back. You’ll be involved at every stage of the journey across a variety of tasks, harnessing the user-centred design process to ensure we deliver digital experiences that our customers love and expect from FatFace – and a few delighters they didn’t expect.
You’ll have the platform to use your skills in research and design to translate insight and data, ideate solutions, explore concepts, identify and articulate design principles, wireframe and create prototypes. You will intensively collaborate with the digital team, lead workshops, present designs and voice user experience considerations. The digital team at FatFace is currently small, but destined to be mighty, and you’ll have the chance to help shape the team, process and customer experience moving forwards. The role demands expert know-how in UX & UI design, a love to be hands on and work at a macro and micro level, obsession with quality and passion for good design.
- Lead the creation of our digital identity, deliver and manage a design system to drive consistency, quality and best practice
- Work closely with the creative and brand teams to interpret brand guidelines and campaign briefs, customising the on-site experience to suit the needs of our customers through beautiful, usable design
- Utilise your UX skills. Collaborate with the digital analyst to translate data and insight. Understand customer problems and hypotheses and design well thought out design solutions, underpinned by the user-centred design process
- Deliver consistent, customer-focused design solutions to support digital projects, BAU change and CRO consider how we get the right outcome to balance business goals and customer needs.
- Collaborate and ideate with the digital team and stakeholders to share learnings and support agile way of working
- Be a digital ambassador within the business and support driving FatFace towards digital maturity. Document and share your findings, approach and recommendations with stakeholders and the wider business to educate them on the value of great design.
Skills / Experience Required
- 3+ years experience as a Product Designer
- Experience designing user experiences for the Web, iOS and Android
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design (UX & UI)
- Proficiency in UX / UI tools (Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Abstract, etc.)
- Effective prototyping skills (InVision, Figma , Protopie, Principle or equivalent)
- A good understanding of mobile and desktop UX and UI patterns
- Ability to translate user research, user testing and data insight to design directives
- Excellent knowledge of UX principles and best practice.
- Comfortable running workshops and taking ownership over the design process.
- Experience in creating and managing a design system
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing and presenting to senior business stakeholders
- A portfolio showing high quality, thoughtful UX and UI work
What you'll get from us:
- A generous staff discount for FatFace products
- Early finish Friday - finish at 3pm!
- Flexible working policy with home working available alongside some office working
- Opportunity to take 3-6 months sabbatical leave
- 25 days paid holiday each year
- Enrolment into our company pension scheme with company contributions
- Dental and eyecare schemes