Salesforce Commerce Cloud Front-end Developer
We are an active lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer proudly based in the UK. Born in 1988, we’ve grown from selling just a few t-shirts and sweatshirts to become one of the UK’s most iconic fashion lifestyle brands. We’re proud of the clothes we make, and we’re proud of our people, too. They’re what makes us stand out, bringing fresh, unique ideas to the table each day So, if you’re up for a new challenge, come and join the FatFace family and see what you can achieve. We’re a friendly bunch and we can honestly say that no two days are the same.
As the Front-End Developer your ultimate role is to work collaboratively with the digital and development team to build exceptional digital experiences our customers will love. You’ll be responsible for front-end code quality and website performance – ensuring that our website functions as our customers expect and when they need it.
Your extensive front-end development knowledge will be used to help shape the change roadmap, feeding in on technical feasibility, sizing and recommending the best development solutions for a desired outcome. Working with our off-shore development and test colleagues, you will optimise and refine the development process and look to drive efficiencies and deliver change for our SalesForce Commerce Cloud platform at pace, underpinned by scrum.
This role will allow you to roll up your sleeves, as well as help shape the future digital landscape for FatFace. Self-motivated and an excellent communicator, you’ll have the platform to use your communication skills and showcase your expertise by making recommendations on the code strategy and how we achieve best practice. You must be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues, helping the business to grow into a digital first mentality.
- Collaborate with the digital team and wider business in order to think through and inform design decisions
- Lead front-end development with our off-shore development team. Collaborate with the team to deliver sprint commitments in an efficient way, underpinned by scrum
- Introduce mechanisms and best practices to prevent recurrence of performance issues and build reusable, scalable code. Trouble shoot and solve problems.
- Be a digital ambassador within the business and support driving FatFace towards digital maturity. Document and share your approach and recommendations with stakeholders and the wider business to educate them on the development process and best practice.
**Skills / Experience Required**
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud is preferable;
- Experience with CSS pre-processor i.e. SASS or LESS
- Experience with CSS methodologies i.e. BEM
- Experience of building and managing design systems is required
- Great understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Excellent understanding of SEO principles and how they are handled on the front end
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences that are both on and off-shore
- Comfortable taking the lead with the code strategy and driving best practice
- Team player who can work at both a macro and micro level to drive the business forward
What you'll get in return:
- A generous staff discount for FatFace products
- Early finish Friday - finish at 3pm!
- Flexible working policy with home working available alongside some office working
- Opportunity to take 3-6 months sabbatical leave
- 25 days paid holiday each year
- Enrolment into our company pension scheme with company contributions
- Dental and eyecare schemes