Dreamshock is a small but powerful video production agency based just outside of Brighton.
Due to increased demand we are looking for an experienced mid-level final cut video editor with 2+ years experience in working either freelance, in a production company or agency.
You'll be part of a busy team, responsible for editing content for some of the world’s biggest Sports Marketing brands such as Formula 1, Golf, Formula E, Football, Esports including Hilton, Kia, Pirelli, and McLaren to name a few.
You should be experienced at producing creative and dynamic branded content, with an emphasis on documentary style films and story telling.
As a result you will become a key member of our production team, working across a broad range of exciting productions – from corporate communications, live event activations through to high-end brand films, social media videos and more.
- A motivated self-starter, able to manage multiple edits and projects at the same time
- A positive and creative problem solver
- Is personable with the ability to work within a team, not afraid to ask questions and challenge what we do
- Ability to put creative ideas on the table and back them
- Ability to work in a team with a mixture of freelancers and permanent staff
- Work flexibly and reactively to a high volume video workflow
- Share knowledge and be a champion for innovative video within a video team working with multiple different mediums.
- Contribute innovative creative concepts across a broad range of video content.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in video across platforms and devices - with a passion for visual storytelling and current trends in video and brand films.
- Keep abreast of editing software and hardware developments, and ensure the department is up to date.
- Someone with a solid technical level of editing experience, but who also has a keen editorial eye and a knack for storytelling
- Proven experience creating narrative video content, within the branded, editorial or related content industry
- Has an understanding of creating branded content, but with a keen creative eye to make things stand out and look great.
- Has a good understanding of working with brand guidelines, branding and brand messaging
- Working from a brief but owning the project with direction from producer
- Understanding of syncing multiple sources of audio and visual content.
- Edit enticing, original and high-quality original video content across multiple platforms, creating compelling stories.
- Create bespoke assets that show knowledge of and a consideration for social media audiences - including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- High-level knowledge of creative video editing.
- Good level of experience in colour correction and creative colour grading.
- Good organisational skills.
- Research and source the best music tracks and sound effects for a given project, using a production music database.
- Help to create, update and develop all graphic assets for video content.
- Ensure all deadlines are met throughout the post production process and deliver final assets on time
Required Software Knowledge
- Final cut editing essential
- Great experience with Final Cut Pro and at least some experience of other Creative Cloud products would be useful
This is a full time permanent position based in our Henfield studio, just north of Brighton with additional offices in London.
We offer a supportive and creative working environment, in addition to the salary, we offer 5 weeks paid holiday per year (pro-rata).
Please apply with 3 examples of films that you've edited, along with a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com