- Brighton & Hove
- £22,000-£25,000 - Dependent on experience
- Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
BrightLocal is a SaaS platform that helps digital marketing agencies and brands with local online marketing.
We have over 5,000 customers and work with big brands such as REED Recruitment, Wagamama and Paddy Power. These companies depend on BrightLocal to help them improve their local online performance to deliver greater traffic and new customers.
Launched in 2009, we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research and webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform. Our industry leading research is regularly picked up by mainstream media like the Guardian, Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal.
We employ 170 people across 4 countries – UK, USA, Ukraine and the Philippines. Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub.
We are a people-focused business and are fully committed to giving every team member the most positive work experience possible. We do this by providing abundant opportunities to learn new skills, building fantastic working relationships, and supporting you in realising your life goals, all within a culture that cherishes individuality and champions teamwork and collaboration.
We also like to have fun, with regular team-building activities, which include things like escape rooms, cocktail making, sailing, scavenger hunts and plenty of team meals and social nights out.
Please take a look at our Glassdoor profile to find out more about the type of business and employer we are: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Jobs/BrightLocal-Jobs-E2096468.htm
We’re on the lookout for a proactive PR Executive to manage BrightLocal’s off-site earned presence in media publications, podcasts, speaker events, and profile interviews. The PR Executive will identify, pitch, and manage opportunities for the CEO and other spokespeople, as well as pitching BrightLocal’s products, content and unique research. In this role, the PR Executive will write copy for spokespeople as necessary, with support from the wider team.
The PR Executive will play a key role in expanding the reach of BrightLocal to new audiences. With its new product releases and research, BrightLocal achieves a steady stream of links and coverage, and is in need of a dedicated professional to develop a programme of proactive PR outreach for the first time.
We are looking for a tenacious, proactive and organised individual that is confident to pitch the company, manage our spokespeople, and regularly communicate with the wider team on secured opportunities. They will look beyond our existing media list to find new places that our potential audience may be reading, and build relationships with key media to enhance our external media presence.
This role will report to the Research & Content Manager, under the supervision of the Head of Marketing. You’ll work within the Content team as part of the growing Marketing department. The role will be based in our BrightLocal HQ.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- You have 1-3 years experience working in a PR agency or in-house PR role
- You’re confident pitching to journalists and event organisers via email primarily, and telephone as needed
- You have experience securing coverage in the US, UK, Canada, and/or Australia
- You’re a confident copywriter, able to write to deadline based on the BrightLocal tone of voice, and able to succinctly write about BrightLocal’s product and key areas of interest (local SEO, online reviews, and local business issues)
- With the support of the Research & Content Manager, you feel comfortable working closely with the (very friendly!) CEO and other spokespeople to gather insights about BrightLocal’s viewpoints to share with the media. You will also feel comfortable briefing spokespeople, and ensuring they stick to agreed deadlines
- You’ll be digitally-minded - happy to get stuck into external tools to identify opportunities, track coverage and performance, and come up with plans to improve our external presence
- You’re organised and communicative - happy to keep the Marketing team updated on PR activity on a regular basis
- You have the ability to work and build good relationships with different people, but are happy to work independently when needed
- You enjoy coming up with new ideas, trying new things, and setting the PR strategy and priorities (with support from the team)
- You’ll be happy supporting the wider Marketing team with tasks as required including supporting the Research & Content Manager, and getting involved in broader Content and Marketing projects as needed
Dependent on experience.
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic our team have been working remotely to help keep them safe and avoid further spreading of the virus. This approach will continue until it is declared safe for us to return to the office, and we can safely work side by side again.
However, we will continue to support each individual’s choice to work for home until they personally feel safe and happy to return to the office.
We feel incredibly fortunate that BrightLocal has remained stable and profitable throughout the pandemic and we hit our revenue and growth goals for 2020. We have been able to support any struggling customers with long-term payment holidays and through additional training and support. We have had zero redundancies and have grown many of the teams across the business to ensure that we are in a strong position to help and support our growing customer base in 2021 and beyond.
How to Apply:
Please visit https://hr.breathehr.com/recruitment/vacancies/15683?identifier=brightlocal, click 'Apply' at the bottom of the page, fill out a few details, then upload your updated CV along with a covering letter.
We offer 25 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays) and you get a day off for your birthday, too.
Every team member enters into our company bonus scheme (20% of annual salary) related to targets.
Health & Wellbeing support:
We are firm believers in supporting our team members in body and mind. We provide a diverse range of health and wellbeing benefits including Vitality Private healthcare (includes dental cover, CBT support and free access to Headspace App), free flu jabs and eye-care vouchers, weekly in-office massages and a comprehensive bike-to-work scheme to get people moving!
We encourage work-life balance by enabling our employees to work abroad for up to 3 weeks a year – be it France, New Zealand, Costa Rica or Bali… the world is there to be explored and we want to help you explore it.
The office is informal and casual. We expect people to work hard but also to enjoy their time at work. We have a constantly-stocked drinks fridge and our kitchen cupboards overflow with snacks – of both the healthy and (very) unhealthy kind.
We love to celebrate all team members’ birthdays – enjoy cakes, drinks and cards!
And we also make a big deal of important work anniversaries with presents and gift cards.
The music is always on and we take time out every few weeks to do fun team activities. We tend to break early on a Friday afternoon to ‘prepare for the weekend’ – i.e. lots of food (snacks) and drinks (beer, wine, G&Ts and soft drinks – take your pick!)