We are driven by creativity and a collective passion for making unique and original brands that transform organisations by aligning their people to a shared purpose to realise their collective potential. We aspire to be the go-to agency for ambitious businesses globally and we’re fortunate to partner with the likes of LEGO, Aon, London Irish and so many more challenger brands. Over the past few years this work has become increasingly global with active projects in North America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
We’re looking to enhance our creative team with the inclusion of a full-time Brand Designer with a flair for motion design. Whilst highly decorated for our brand projects both strategically and graphically we want to bring more visual ownership to how the brands we create come to life through motion and interaction. We are always questioning, evolving and growing as a creative team and bringing new skill sets to our already dynamic team is vital to keep driving our client’s disruptive brands forwards. We’re looking for someone with the passion to own:
- Creating brands from concept through to visual identities and brand roll-out
- Championing interaction design and how a brand should share it’s emotion through movement or personality
- Collaborating with colleagues, copywriters, developers and clients to deliver remarkable brands
But above all, you must have a fearless creative flair. You should love to experiment, push the boundaries and challenge the conventions. Ideas that realise an organisation’s potential are the core of what we do as an agency and clearly communicating that potential through brand design, and championing movement is your creative mission..
Skills, knowledge and what we’re looking for in you.
You will be tasked with beautifully and emotively communicating the core purpose and personality of our brands through static and motion design.
Strategy leads to great creative, and it’s at the core of every piece of work we deliver. You should bring evidence and empathy to even your wildest ideas.
Design principles form the foundation of everything you create. Beautifully considered layouts, perfect positioning, composition and evocative movement - a satisfyingly succinct structure to every creative outcome.
Creative flair will be at the core of who you are - bringing your unique perspective, ideas and aspirations to every brand expression. You will bring gut instinct as much as considered logic to really challenge each outcome.
The outcomes will be a focal point of our projects and you should relish the craftsmanship of creativity and produce every piece of work with our maker's mark of quality.
- Work with the Creative Director and Senior Designer to formulate, create and deliver international brand identities
- Deliver brand projects from concept to completion in partnership with wider creative team
- Work closely with the strategy team to communicate considered strategic brand campaigns
- Have the ability to design beautifully sculpted brand visual identities and bring the flair of motion to the core brand identity
- Focus on bringing the personality of a brand to life
- Craft compelling narratives through scripting, storyboarding and stylistic approach
- Pitch and design keyframes and approaches to motion that will elevate our brands
- Champion interaction design within our brand design systems
- Collaborate with colleagues, copywriters, sound engineers and clients to realise creative projects
- Present your ideas to a client
- Deliver pixel perfect design assets
- You have a strong skill set in the Adobe Creative suite
- You have an improving knowledge of After Effects
- Experience in the following would be a bonus: Premiere Pro, Figma.
- You should have a personal interest in new technologies and learning to new processes
As our name suggests, we are a UnitedUs - an ambitious tight-knit team of experts each bringing our own unique perspective and experiences to every project, therefore you need to be a team player with individual flair and creativity. You should be someone who enjoys the creative challenge and is always looking for a better solution to every question. You should be someone who loves to interact with others, someone who enjoys elevating others as much as yourself and someone who is driven by the collaborative quality of the work we produce.
- At least 3 years previous experience in an agency with strong examples of branding / graphic design projects from conception to completion
- Experience working directly with enterprise brands or household names in either B2C or B2B contexts
- Ability to manage your own time and deliver on time for project reviews
- A solid understanding of core Graphic Design principles
- Superb attention to detail and ability to scamp your ideas and designs
- Pixel perfect, creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative suite
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A strong portfolio of bringing motion to brand / graphic design projects
- Experience in delivering client presentations
- Curiosity, infectious enthusiasm and a love for imparting emotion into brand creation
- Experience of mixing motion graphics and film would be a bonus
- An base understanding of how motion works across web environments
- If you can use GSAP this would be a major bonus but not essential
Culture and further information:
UnitedUs recognises that our dedicated team helps the business to achieve ambitious goals by going the extra mile. We, in turn, reward their dedication and commitment by building a culture of reward for our people who are fully supportive of the organisation and the place we want to build. With this in mind, we are always finding ways to support the health and wellbeing of our team, foster inclusivity and champion diversity.
We made the decision to move the whole business to remote working two weeks before lockdown started, and we will be continuing in this vein until a point where it becomes viable to return to the studio. In the meantime, we've found new ways of supporting the team and our culture - from access to free Headspace accounts to virtual coffee catch-ups and virtual team events. We recognise that some of you might be shielding at this time and we would still urge you to apply - as all interviews will be carried out virtually. But equally, if you're happy or would prefer to meet us in real life, then we can arrange a suitable safe way to do so.
Please submit a portfolio and cover letter to us, we'd love to see some work examples and to understand why you think you'd be a great fit for our team.
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups in the creative industry including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates.
Applicants must have the existing right to work in the United Kingdom as we are currently unable to sponsor work visas at this stage.