The Higgidy story began back in 2003 when Camilla, our founder, spotted a gap in the market to deliver delicious, wholesome pies to our plates. Making the pies in her own kitchen at home in West Sussex, Camilla and team would serve them at festivals up and down the country before getting a big break with Sainsbury’s. These days we’re all about making glorious everyday food to help people live well – from wholesome pies and quiches to seriously snackable rolls and savoury muffins.
We have a wide range of products to choose from, each delivering top-notch flavours and using quality ingredients – both of which are hugely important to us. What’s more, all our recipes are finished by hand which means that no two pies, quiches or sausage rolls ever look the same and that’s what makes Higgidy, ‘Higgidy’. We are just over 18 years young; we are available to buy nation-wide and our consumers love us for our authenticity and because our purpose shines through everything we do. We are Higgidy, we are an enduring British brand and we are ambitious about how we will have a positive impact for our people, society, and the planet for the future.
Higgidy is continuing to grow, and so we are looking for a Junior Designer to join our well-established Marketing Team, on a six month fixed term contract. Having an incredible eye for detail and being a stickler for meeting deadlines, the role of junior designer is responsible for creating marketing materials to support the launch of our products and brand campaigns, including packaging, and to deliver materials to support in-house communications.
Reporting to the Creative Manager, this role is wide-ranging and the Junior Designer will need to complete the following tasks on a day to day basis:
- Artwork amends on packaging
- Making 3D mock-ups of packaging
- Creating optimised images of products for online retailer websites
- Creating static (and possibly animated) imagery for social media posts
- Updating website banners and other assets
- Creating newsletter assets
- Designing internal comms – posters, email templates, site signage
- Creating trade media artwork, adverts, banners and other assets
- Updating the illustrative team organisational chart
- Mocking up in-store shelves by retailer using images of Higgidy products
Essential skills and experience: –
- Good Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Enjoyment of working at a fast pace.
- An eye for detail and a stickler for meeting deadlines
- Previous experience of working in an office environment, and skilled across Microsoft Office packages.
- You have the ability to work and build good relationships with different people, but equally are happy to work independently when needed.
- Ability to work from a brief (often from existing design assets) to create marketing materials
It would also be amazing if you have experience of the following, but isn’t a deal-breaker if you don’t!:
- Knowledge of CMS systems
In return, we can offer you a competitive benefits programme, generous annual leave allowance and an opportunity to grow and develop within one of Britain’s fastest growing food brands.
At Higgidy we think of ourselves as a big family and family is how we aim to treat everyone – therefore we strive to create a workplace in which people from all backgrounds are encouraged to contribute and succeed. Our aim is that no job applicant, temporary worker or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation.