Pavilion Publishing & Media is the leading provider of professional development products and services for public, private and voluntary workers in the health, social care, education and community safety sectors. We believe that everyone has the right to fulfil their potential and to provide the best service they can in their sector. To do that our products and services aim to raise standards, promote best practices and support continuing professional development throughout all the sectors in which we operate. Areas of particular interest include mental health, learning disability, social care, staff development and vulnerable adults. Pavilion also produces conferences, exhibitions and magazines in these sectors. Our online portfolio includes both e-commerce and editorial-based sites.
Pavilion Publishing and Media is seeking a highly motivated Marketing Executive: Social Care to join our growing marketing team based in Shoreham-by-Sea.
The aim of this role is to develop the marketing plans for these products, improve brand presence, event management and increase other sales revenue in these areas.
Who are you?
The successful candidate be responsible for planning and executing all marketing activity from direct to digital for both B2B and B2C audiences with additional event management.
This role will suit someone creative, organised, and results-driven, with proven marketing abilities and an interest in the health and social care sector.
Job Function Tasks and Responsibilities
- Developing integrated marketing plans for Pavilion’s social care portfolio
- Executing online events and training course marketing including online moderation of events
- Executing marketing plans on time and to budget
- Executing data capture and retention campaigns on social care titles
- Developing product and brand awareness
- Analysing and reporting on key campaign metrics, including ROI, across the marketing mix
- Market research including competitor research
- Relationship management (eg, with authors and event speakers)
- Organising external event attendance and attending key sector events when required
- Running and maintaining AdWords and paid social adverts for our social care portfolio
- General marketing administrative duties/share of cover during absence, holiday, etc.
- Developing a real understanding of the learning disability, mental health and social care sectors
and where our fit products within them.
- Online and Event Campaign planning and coordination
- Compelling copywriting for the web; direct and inbound marketing
- Experience of using email marketing software and developing email campaigns
- Basic understanding of PR
- Experience of working to deadlines and budget
- Lateral thinking; good at problem-solving
- Strong commercial acumen and record of success
- Understanding of reporting and analytics, including GA
- Excellent communication and relationship building
- Confident presence at events both face to face and virtually
Skills and Attributes
- Previous experience of publishing a definite advantage
- Degree or equivalent in a marketing-related discipline
- Research skills
- Conversant in best and latest practice for social and digital media
- Interested in or prior experience of working in Publishing or Social Care
- Interested in or prior experience of working in events.