Job Type: 7 Month Fixed Term Contract.
Salary: Up to £40,800 per annum pro rata depending upon experience.
Location: Durrington, West Sussex but remote working is currently being supported.
Why Southern Water?
Each day, 4.6 million people across Sussex, Kent, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight count on us for their essential water and wastewater services. We call it ensuring water for life.
Do you want to make a difference? At Southern Water, your work will help to enhance health and wellbeing, protect and improve the environment and sustain the economy. You’ll also play an important role in helping us deliver a resilient water future for the South East.
Are you a natural collaborator with a strong moral compass and high standards? If so, you’ll fit right in. Everything we do is underpinned by three values: succeeding together, doing the right thing and always improving.
Do you want to bring your authentic self to work every day? We do too. That’s why we’re building an inclusive culture and are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of age, cultural background, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, political belief, race, religion or sexual orientation. We believe the unique perspectives and experiences each of us brings make us stronger together.
Southern Water are looking for an experienced UX Designer to join the existing Brand and Content team on a 7 month Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity leave.
Reporting to the Senior Designer, your role will be integral to delivering a consistent brand for all digital channels, but the primary focus will be on updating and making improvements to the corporate website. You will bring our brand to life with impact, consistency and accessibility on every platform for all customers.
Working closely with the Brand, Social, Customer, Copy and IT teams, you will continuously work to improve digital touchpoints by leading on, or supporting, programme improvements and ensuring the roadmap supports business priorities. You will be the UX design authority for the website and supporting platforms and will periodically report on site performance.
You must have strong design skills, experience with websites and the ability to work on your own initiative. You’ll have a working understanding of responsive design for web and email, customer centric UX/UI and SEO best practice.
Your day to day responsibilities will include the following:
- Producing UI/ UX design wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes
- Designing website assets
- Implementing design and content changes in CMS (Umbraco)
- Collaborating with developers on website builds supporting with UX designs, Umbraco mockups and email templates and signing-off work on behalf of the Brand team
- Planning and collaborating using: Jira, Miro and Agile methodologies.
- Attending meetings with creative, copy/content, IT teams to discuss upcoming content, briefs, launches and collaborations
- Providing design UX support and updates on current project progress.
- Monitoring the Digital Support mail box and making the updates to the website
- Constantly reviewing the site and fixing or suggesting updates needed
- Working closely with the Copy team and page stakeholders to ensure all creative content is of highest standard.
We’re looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Wireframe design, implementing UX and UI processes
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and XD
- Google Analytics experience
- Experience with HTML & CSS, and coding for responsive emails
- A good understanding of designing for accessibility best practice
- A basic knowledge of SEO principles when building and editing
- A passion to bring the best experience for the customer
- Ability to work as part of a team and hit deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For a full job description, please email email@example.com
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application that you have informed your Line Manager that you are applying for this role.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI) and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.