Junction Studio is looking for a Freelance copywriter
One of Junction Studio’s largest clients is Pets Corner who we have been working with for nearly two decades. Pets Corner started in 1968 and through its success, other businesses were created or brought in to become part of the PetFamily. These businesses combine to offer the pet owner an unrivaled quality of services and products for pet owners.
Due to the Pet Family success and growth we now require an excellent copywriter to join our team on a part-time freelance retainer basis to write engaging on-brand copy for the following brands that sit under the Pets Corner umbrella:
Yora Great & Small
Peter & Paul Doodley Dogs
You will be able to quickly learn and adopt the tone of voice of each of the PetFamily brands; including Pets Corner. You will work closely with both Junction Studio and the PetFamily marketing team to create and deliver meaningful written content across multiple channels (digital and printed.)
You will be based at Junction Studio located in the heart of Brighton’s North Laine. You will be flexible to work, and travel, to the Pets Corner head office in Crawley where required.
About the role
The multi-brand copywriter will play a key role in crafting distinctive and impactful written content to support the PetFamily marketing strategies that engage their customers across the respective brands. The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Working with Junction Studio PetFamily stakeholders and clients to understand and deliver copy requirements in the respective brand tone of voice
- Ability to create multi-channel copy to a high standard and to tight deadlines
- Experience in creating engaging, on-brand copy for PetFamily campaigns materials across multi-channels (web, print, email, and social where required)
- Able to interpret creative briefs with the ability to unpick ambiguity
- Reviewing and amending existing copy to make it more engaging for customers and to help deliver desired outcomes
- Experience in creating web-friendly website copy that meets SEO best practice applicable
- Proven ability to deliver content on time, to brief, with a focus on quality
- Experience of working in a marketing function or creative agency
- Excellent communication skills
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills
- Experience in proofreading, editing, and providing feedback
- Proven ability to interpret large amounts of information quickly to produce great copy
About Junction Studio
Our experience lies in the world of consumer enjoyment with backgrounds in hospitality, lifestyle, and retail. We work on projects large and small from start-ups to the big guys. For us, it's about connecting with great clients then creating that junction where business and creativity come together to make a brilliant brand.
Brands we've worked with:
Debenhams, Channel 4, Boots, Achica, ASOS, Marks & Spencer, Brixton Brewery, Hobbs, Pets Corner, The Adventure Bar Group, Rocket Leisure, Goodlight, 400 Rabbits, Yahoo!
To learn more about Pets Corner and PetFamily visit
Number of copywriting days required: 2-3 days a week *to be agreed
Retainer fee/day rate fee: Based on experience
Start date: As soon as possible
Applications close date: May 6th, 2021
Please send your CV, examples of your copywriting, and covering letter to: