Analytics Developer / Implementation Specialist
About the role
You will be
- Implementing complex digital analytics setups and other tagging/data collection for websites and apps.
- Primarily using Google Tag Manager and the broader Google stack (Google Analytics / Google Marketing Platform / Google Cloud Platform) for analytics setups and implementing a wide range of other marketing tags.
- Working with others to plan, implement and create technical specifications, liaise with clients and be responsible for tasks.
- Identifying and delivering optimisations within existing setups to deliver the highest possible efficiency and data quality.
- Working with a friendly, top-level team of experts to deliver solutions to a wonderful base of well known clients :)
- Advanced use of Google Tag Manager.
- Ability to write technical documentation and at ease with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and so on.
- Proven understanding of Google Analytics (ideally certified as GAIQ).
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies (cookies, web browsers, client-server protocols).
- Knowledge of digital marketing / online acquisition channels and attribution.
- SQL (particularly BigQuery) experience.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Scripting and automation with Python, R, Google Scripts etc.
- Familiarity with other tag management systems (Ensighten, Tealium, Adobe Launch)
- Tracking & tagging with Google Tag Manager.
- Requirements-gathering – with internal team and client stakeholders.
- Creating data layer specifications and implementation guidelines for client developer teams.
- Participate in daily stand-ups and weekly planning sessions.
- Accountability for integrity in data collection and responsible for testing & quality assurance of deliverables.
- Occasional travel possible, within the UK or abroad.
Perks of the job
- Up to 25 days a year holiday as standard plus bonus extra holidays at Christmas (typically 3 days) and on your birthday!
- Additional holiday buy back scheme (up to 10 extra days).
- 3 charity days a year - to give back to good causes.
- Healthcare and pension schemes.
- Own a piece of the company with share options.
Even though our HQ is in the SE of England (just outside Brighton), since the pandemic, we are now a distributed team - working all over the UK. The expectation is that we will continue to work in a distributed way but will want to see each other from time to time IRL too! We don’t anticipate this role requiring much in the way of time in the office, but if you live locally or want to get some in-person time with the team it’s there for you to use. Additionally, we expect all the team to get together over a weekend once a year for our annual company retreat.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org – including your CV and a brief intro about yourself. If you are a recruiter, note that we only work with a *very* short preferred supplier list of selected recruiters. Please don’t call the office!