Front End Developer
Come and join us at the Big Small Agency - a brilliant opportunity to work on a mixture of websites and digital communications for global brands and regional / national businesses.
If you’re the right person for the job, you’ll be passionate about web design and excited about supporting businesses of all shapes and sizes. You’ll also help us to continue innovating for our clients by applying your knowledge and interest of trends and developments.
To start with you will be mainly focussing on website maintenance including but not limited to html / php and css to existing live client websites. In addition you will be responsible for helping our studio team develop and build responsive html emails so a passion for coding is a must.
Over time you will be focused on developing slick, highly polished, responsive websites which are both beautiful and effective in helping to develop our clients businesses.
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors (eg SASS).
- Knowledge of html emails, their build and execution as well as limitations.
- Ability to use Adobe packages (Photoshop, InDesign etc).
- Experience with Wordpress CMS and knowledge of PHP.
- Experience automating build tasks with Gulp.
- Understanding of mobile first web design - the sites you build must be easy to use and look beautiful and crisp on any device.
- Understanding of client side website management - the sites you build will need to be easy for a novice to edit.
- A knowledge and understanding of SEO and how to optimise websites for search engines.
- A keen eye for design.
- Good clean coding and work practices.
- Maintaining and assisting with maintenance and legacy projects in CMS frameworks which are unfamiliar.
- A natural problem solver keen to help the business move forward.
- A thirst for knowledge and desire to always be improving.
- Able to work both as part of a team and independently
- Reliable and take pride in the quality of your work
Our hours are 9 – 5.30. We're currently working remotely but when we are in the office it is in a beautiful building in the heart of Lewes with views across the Downs.