PHP Web Developer
- Shoreham-By-Sea / Remote
- Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Full-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
Are you amazing at websites?
Web developer needed at Worthing-based web accessibility and development agency. Full or part time considered for the right applicant. We are currently working flexibly between Brighton, Shoreham and Worthing.
We don't want to say Full Stack, but the more stack you're interested in, the better.
If you are a talented, friendly developer with a good understanding of modern web development and OOP, we’d love you to apply for a job at Huxley!
We are a small, tight-knit team, and provide our staff with the autonomy and space they need to create quality work for a diverse array of clients, as well as the support required to allow their knowledge and confidence to grow.
Recent work has included making websites and running user testing for Food & Drink brands, numerous local authorities, charities, arts organisations and more! We also run the creative network Worthing & Beyond – which will be putting on monthly informal meet ups for creatives through 2021.
Huxley specialise in building fully accessible websites and providing high quality accessibility UX insight..
We strive to make a positive difference to the Internet – which needs to become a more inclusive, ethical environment that we can all trust. If this resonates with you, and you are excited by a career with Huxley – please get in touch.
If you’re interested, please email us at email@example.com
- Support our front-end team in the development of bespoke themes and websites from scratch, optimised for the best UX for site administrators as well as end-users
- Provide development support as part of ongoing service agreements - new functionality, bug-fixing / performance optimisation.
- Provide internal input on development and QA processes
- Contribute to technical and business strategy
- Work with the team in discovery phase of projects eg techincal scoping, UX and site architecture
- Work with clients to define website scopes and manage expectations throughout
- Strong Wordpress theme development with a focus on server-side code.
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- Experience with modern build-stack tools (NPM, yarn, grunt, gulp, webpack)
- GIT version control
- Commercial API Development experience
- Confident as part of a team
- Experience in website performance optimisation
- Experience of server management and configuration
- Good knowledge of current trends, techniques and best practices
- An interest in the Open Source community
- A friendly and sociable working environment in a nice, open plan studio by the sea.
- An employer committed to achieving B-Corp status.
- A workstation to suit you and other equipment if required.
- Competitive salary (DOE) and regular reviews
- Flexible working / option to work a percentage of time from home available.
- Birthday off
- Freedom of speech.