We are looking for a talented full-stack developer to join our team and help maintain our current Learning Management System, built on CodeIgniter, as well as assist with development on the modern replacement, built on Symfony 4 and Vue.js.
The role will involve investigation and resolution of client-facing issues, development of new features and enhancements to the application and some management of our AWS infrastructure and environments.
- PHP - CodeIgniter, Symfony 4
- HTML, CSS
Linux, Apache, Docker, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, ECS), Terraform
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Develop and improve functionality in our new Symfony 4 / Vue.js application
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues in our existing CodeIgniter application
- Peer review colleagues' code
- Provide input on performance improvements and architectural challenges
- Assist with basic maintenance tasks on our AWS hosting infrastructure
- Offer 3rd-line support to internal helpdesk colleagues on application-related issues
Who are we looking for?
- Experience Developing with web applications with PHP
- Proven hands on experience with:
- Web application frameworks
- Version control systems such as Git
- Secure coding best practices
- Cross-browser front-ends using HTML, CSS
- Relational databases such as MySQL
- RESTful APIs
- Ability to follow complex code and diagnose low-level application issues
Beneficial experience would include:
- Experience using issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Continuous integration / deployment tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Bitbucket pipelines
- Working in a collaborative Agile environment
- SCORM or other online learning technology experience
- AWS cloud architecture
- LAMP stack server management
- Single-Sign On
- Docker containers
We are looking for someone who is willing to be proactive, collaborative and keen become part of a successful team. Ideally you will live within commuting distance of Southwick.
Key strengths that will help you in this role include:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated, focused and energetic person with a 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team but also to be able to work independently, take initiative, and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Organisational and analytical skills, with strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good attention to detail
Please apply with a brief covering letter explaining why you believe your skills match our requirements.