At iCrossing our ambition is not to just be a standard agency, but to be a growth partner, creating a long-term and mutually beneficial partnership.
We started life in Brighton as a one of the first search agencies in the UK, since then we became a full service digital agency, and in 2010 iCrossing was acquired by the world’s leading independent publisher, Hearst. Being part of the Hearst family creates a unique proposition; combining deep consumer insight and world-class content creation specialism with digital marketing expertise in strategy, SEO, paid media and data.
The digital landscape has shifted power from brands to connected consumers, allowing new technology and new competitors to emerge quickly, causing disruption for brands. Business as usual may no longer deliver the same results it did last year. Our Change as Usual ethos – a set of behaviours and ways of working - helps our clients navigate this change and grow their business.
Whatever your objective, every campaign starts and ends with the consumer, we believe that better performance is unlocked through better consumer understanding. Our unique audience insight and data, powered by Hearst, sits at the heart of everything we do and influences all the channels plan and buy. Our 5i’s planning process ensures that this insight is connected directly to channel planning and execution.
We have best-in-class expertise and our platform neutral approach means we can objectively select the best solution for our clients. This expertise is consistently recognised; just last year we have won The Drum ‘Best Social’ award, three awards at the ‘UK Biddable media awards’ and we are a seven-time Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies.
About the role
We are seeking a Resource Manager with extensive experience ideally in a performance marketing agency environment, who will be leading the creation of client commercials, business management reporting and resourcing across the business.
You will work with New Business and Client Directors, to develop costings for all new projects and retainers, ensuring the right roles are included and costed accordingly. You will support tracking all new revenue opportunities, working closely with the Head of Finance and Head of Delivery & Operations. You will lead setting team and client targets, and provide management, financial and project reports to measure progress against targets. Finally, you will tie everything together ensuring a clear view on future agency capacity is available, work with channel heads to identify where hires are required and manage day to day workload, resource issues and utilisation of individuals and channel teams.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Work with new Business and Client Directors on commercials for all new projects and retainer opportunities/renewals
- Track all opportunities and their likelihood of being signed off and forecast future resource needs based on growth opportunities within the business
- Apply smart commercial thinking to the application of resource planning and delivery. Work with appropriate stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential resource bottle necks
- Own costing templates and functionality
- Develop agency and client rate cards
- Daily/weekly/monthly analysis of service level and operational performance - Targets include GM%, utilisation and client growth & profitability
- Monitor and analyse project performance against plan, develop insights and provide regular performance reports that highlight performance improvement opportunities
- Forecast revenue tracking
- Leverage Netsuite and Float to maintain a ‘Centralised’ view of the team capacity and at a granular level across all offices
- Run training sessions on management information platforms
- Ensure optimum business performance through effective resource planning by putting the best teams together to deliver effectively for both the business and the client
- Provide recommendations on the shape of the teams required to service current and future business and client needs
- Create detailed resource schedules for all staff, optimising available resources to achieve service levels and meet utilisation targets
- Work with Department Heads to ensure right resource is allocated to the right projects
- Be the go-to person for all resourcing activities, using the Head of Delivery & Operations as an escalation
- Achieve cost savings/reductions against budget as a result of efficient resourcing plans
- Support the implementation of Resource Management platforms
- A strong analytical and strategic thinker – be able to forecast and identify emerging trends and risks
- Ability to proactively and effectively communicate with team, peers and stakeholders, and build relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Extensive experience of operating in a people-planning and resourcing remit, supporting channel teams and co-ordinating across a multi-site environment
- Ability to solve problems and multi-task in a high-pressured and dynamic environment
- Ability to analyse and optimise current workforce planning systems and methodology, identifying improvement opportunities and creating business cases to support system improvements
- Experience of Float, Monday.com and NetSuite ideal