We are looking for an junior/mid-level web developer to work on projects in our IT team. This is not a remote-working position, as on-site training at our Hastings office is required.
Your initial day-to-day tasks will involve developing new WordPress websites, maintaining existing websites, working on html-email campaigns, and creating digital brochures from high-quality PDFs.
- At least 1-2 years professional experience in a web development environment
- A strong team player
- Willingness to learn
- Able to digest technical documentation
- Enjoys problem solving
- Able to work to set deadlines and organise multiple tasks
- Self-motivated to work alone when required
- Very good understanding of modern HTML5/CSS3
- Very good understanding of modern PHP
- Good understanding of version control with GIT
- A good level of confidence in working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Good understanding of WordPress theme development
- Experience following WordPress and web standards
- Experience in managing and updating WordPress websites
- An interest in Web/Graphic design
- Any experience in WordPress plugin development
- Experience tackling all stages of web development - from discussing client needs, planning and design, through to build and deployment of each project.
- Any experience with Photoshop or other design software
- Any experience in modern web frameworks/ecosystems (Laravel/CodeIgniter/Angular/Vue)
Please apply by sending us a CV, covering letter, and some examples of your work (Github/Portfolio website)