At iCrossing our ambition is not to just be a standard agency, but to be a growth partner, creating a long-term and mutually beneficial partnership.
We started life in Brighton as a one of the first search agencies in the UK, since then we became a full service digital agency, and in 2010 iCrossing was acquired by the world’s leading independent publisher, Hearst. Being part of the Hearst family creates a unique proposition; combining deep consumer insight and world-class content creation specialism with digital marketing expertise in strategy, SEO, paid media and data.
Earned Media represents one of the largest teams at iCrossing – it’s the foundation of the service we offered as an agency when we first started over 20 years ago. Throughout this time iCrossing have been a leader in Search and we are proud to have been awarded the ‘Best Search Agency’ award in the Drum recommends for the last 6 years, which are the only awards voted for purely by clients.
We’re now looking for an exceptional leader for our Earned Media discipline, covering our market leading SEO and Content Activity. You’ll will be responsible for all elements of Earned Media product performance at the agency. The emphasis of the role is on product and team excellence that supports team and client satisfaction, client retention and growth. You will provide leadership and inspiration across our 25 experts, who work within distributed, multidisciplinary client teams.
You will be confident in discussing Earned Media from an operational, strategic and commercial perspective. Being a strong collaborator and communicator, you’ll be passionate about what you do, and comfortable pitching international brands one day while speaking at a conference the next. This is an integral role to the agency, and as such sits on the Senior Management team function, to both promote SEO and look for cross channel alignment opportunities.
You will be the senior point of contact for our SEO relationships across our clients, who operate in UK, EMEA and global markets. You will be confident working with senior stakeholders, having a strong industry profile and reputation.
You will challenge and evolve our approach to Earned Media, encourage innovation and ensure clients value and understand the quality of our services.
Day to day responsibilities
- Galvanising our SEO and Content teams with your expert knowledge and enthusiasm to build on our award-winning base
- Running the P&L of the team, working closely with the iCrossing Leadership team to grow SEO and Content’s profitable revenue
- Building and delivering an Earned Media product roadmap, ensuring we have the most effective and efficient processes for all key SEO practises, covering International SEO. Technical, Authority and Content workstreams
- Working closely with our Data and Analytics team to ensure everything we do is backed up and proved by data. Working closely with our Media Innovation team to identify and scope our SEO specific automations and technical developments
- Both creating and inspiring your team to build enterprise level SEO strategies for our clients to deliver against their unique objectives
- Leading our senior SEO client relationships, working closely with our Client Directors to both retain and grow our client base
- Keeping ahead of industry developments & search news, sharing your opinions on these within the team, our clients and speaking at relevant conferences
- Line management of 4 direct reports and wider mentoring and leadership of a team of 25, ensuring we have a consistent training plan to educate and grow our teams career plans
- Attracting new talent to the agency, as we continue to grow our Earned media team
- Supporting the New Business and Marketing function to both raise your and iCrossing profile in SEO, as well as leading or guiding new business opportunities
- A key member of iCrossings Senior Management Team, both pushing the agenda of SEO and aligning with our cross-channel teams. Specifically working closely with our Head of Paid Media to ensure a best in class Total Search approach.
- Excellent SEO knowledge across technical, content and authority pillars – substantial experience in an SEO-focused role
- Channel expert and team leader with a strong earned media focus.
- Demonstrable background delivering industry-leading SEO and Content marketing strategies for enterprise clients, including Technical SEO leadership.
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a sizeable multi-location team.
- A strong industry reputation and network.
- Public speaking skills and the ability to represent iCrossing at major events.
- An aptitude for, and demonstrable history of thought-leadership and passion for innovation with a desire to shape the development of the agency.
iCrossing has three locations in the UK; London, Brighton and Cardiff. For this role, you’ll be based in our London or Brighton office.
We invest heavily in our staff’s development and wellbeing. Employees consistently and overwhelmingly agree (through regular internal engagement surveys) that iCrossing is run on strong values and principles, that their job supports their personal growth and that they love working at iCrossing.
In addition to a diverse, collaborative and inclusive working environment, we offer a range of benefits – there’s a long list, but here are some of the highlights!
- Attractive salary package
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing 1 day per year, up to 29 days)
- Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
- Early finish on the last Friday of every month
- Options to buy up to 5 additional holiday days
- Study leave of up to 5 days per year
- Charity donation match and up to 5 days per year to undertake work on behalf of a charity
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Pension scheme
- Regular socials and more!