At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace people who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It is in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
Madgex (a Wiley brand) have been providing job board and career technology for over 20 years. We work with world renowned brands and organisations, including the Guardian, Financial Times and Gumtree. Our products impact tens of millions of people searching for work every year. Madgex has been named in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for’ and ‘Great Places to Work’.
We are looking for a mid-senior level UX designer to join our multi-disciplined design team. We understand that job titles can vary, so whether you are a UX designer, a product designer, an interaction designer, or an information architect, we want to hear from you. You will be reporting to the head of design, focused on delivering our next generation of products.
How you will make an impact:
- We are designing our next generation of user experiences around machine-learning led job- recommendations. You will help us build new products that offer insight and advice for people’s career choices in a human-centred way.
- You will run the design process for well researched user-problems and features. You’ll collaborate with developers, product managers and data scientists to find the best solutions.
- You will be an important part of Madgex’s supportive and friendly design team. You will also help Madgex to create new and collaborative ways of bringing design to the heart of our products and services.
- We want to help you become the best designer you can be. As well as informal learning opportunities we’ll support your career development (e.g. conferences, online learning subscriptions).
We are looking for people who:
UX Designers at Madgex have a research, communication, and facilitation focus. You will be happy managing stakeholders and their expectations through clear planning and communication. We would expect you to feel comfortable with the following aspects of the role:
- Facilitating workshops and discussions that get to the heart of business and customer needs.
- Reviewing research and presenting findings back to the wider team.
- Sketching and prototyping concepts in collaboration with other designers.
- Communicating information architecture through wireframes, user journeys and sitemaps.
- Working with product managers to estimate tasks and identify next steps.
- Working at all stages of the product development process. Ideally for web-based, SaaS products.
- Translating data and research into solid designs, understanding, and allowing for the constraints of the user, the business, technology and brand.
- Using exploratory and evaluative research methods to gather valuable insight (e.g. usability testing, stakeholder meetings, card sorting, competitor analysis etc.)
- Working collaboratively within mixed-discipline teams to solve complex design problems.
- Knowledge and interest of the latest design tools and processes to make us as effective as possible, while knowing how to get the most out of what we’ve got.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and are eager to work with people across many different disciplines.
- The ability to present design choices effectively — sharing the rationale and evidence behind your work in a way everyone understands.
- An understanding of how visual design can have an impact on your design.
- An understanding of the tools and methodologies used by other disciplines like product managers, technical architects, data scientists etc.
- A portfolio that demonstrates high quality UX design - especially the process that led to measurable outcomes in past projects.
- A focus on continued learning, always trying to keep up to date with the latest UX thinking and research.
- You love speaking to new people, understanding their goals and helping them achieve them through design. You see your job as empowering those around you to achieve joint goals. Most importantly, you’re excited about this next step in your career and want to make a difference.
- Even if you don’t think you have all the experience we’d like in our ideal candidate, we’re keen to hear what you can do.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism, and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their careers. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.