At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace people who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We are experts in career technology. We have been providing job board and recruitment technology to our clients since 2000, working with the world’s leading media brands and organisations in 10 languages and 14 countries. Madgex (a Wiley brand) has offices based across the globe and has been named in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for and Great Places to Work.
Having seen large growth in our revenue share business where we operate our Job Board technology for our customers over the past year, we are seeking a new Senior System Engineer to help our SysOps team grow and deliver further changes to our platform as we update our technology and introduce new CI/CD process whilst maintaining the high level of reliability our customers need.
Having spent the last two years building on an existing pipeline we have been shifting our technology to micro-services and introducing new pipelines based on Docker, ECR as well as other AWS services. We truly believe in DevOps where our Developers have the tools and technology to specify, request and monitor their services. Where the SysOps teams provide the infrastructure, pipelines and framework to ensure it is available, automated and most importantly secure.
How you will make an impact:
- You’ll be managing the effort for efficiency, performance, and reliability across the technology stack, and so must be comfortable designing, automating, and implementing infrastructure in a growing microservices environment.
- You’ll be responsible for writing and maintaining automation scripts using Powershell and AWS services
- Monitoring and troubleshooting interactions with AWS Cloud services, both at an infrastructure level and OS level on Windows and Linux environment.
- Working directly with the development team and business stakeholders to gather and understand requirements to deliver solutions.
- Providing support to the Service Desk and external clients including troubleshooting, problem management and technical training.
- As part of this role, you will be expected to be part of on-call rota provided 24/7 365 support of our infrastructure.
We are looking for people who:
- We’re looking for someone with a good amount of experience operating in an AWS environment. Someone who is cool headed in a crisis you’ll can demonstrate the experience to be able to troubleshoot problems and resolve production issues quickly and methodically.
- You’ll be someone passionate about delivering high levels of customers service in the most efficient way possible. We believe in full automation and look to have systems that self-heal and auto-scale. No one wants to be called out at 1 am to start another server because of bot traffic!
- As a team player you’ll be a person who takes other System Engineers under their wing, giving them the time to learn from your experience bringing them on to be the next generation of Seniors as you grow your own career.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and maintaining production infrastructure in AWS.
- 5+ years’ experience as systems Administrator, DevOps Engineer, or similar role.
- 3+ years’ experience automating and developing PowerShell automation scripts.
- A strong multi-disciplined technical background managing systems and infrastructure on both linux and windows
- Professional experience with windows and linux configuration management.
- Automation experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Octopus Deploy.
- Professional experience in managing and maintain and web hosted environment based on IIS and .net applications.
- High-availability techniques using IIS, NGINX, Elasticsearch and SQL Server.
- A solid understanding of how best to host and monitor high traffic consumer web services.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism, and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their careers. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.