Pricing BI & Data Analyst
We are MPB, the world’s largest online platform for used photography and videography equipment. Our platform transforms the way that people buy, sell and trade in photo and video kit. MPB is a destination for everyone, whether you’ve just discovered your passion for visual storytelling or you’re already a pro.
MPB has always been committed to making kit more accessible and affordable, and helping to visualise a more sustainable future. We recirculate more than 300,000 items of used kit every year, extending the life and creative potential of photo and video equipment for creators around the world.
Headquartered in the creative communities of Brighton, Brooklyn and Berlin, the MPB team includes trained camera experts and seasoned photographers and videographers who bring their passion to work every day to deliver outstanding service. Every piece of kit is inspected carefully by our product specialists and comes with a six-month warranty to give our customers peace of mind that buying used doesn’t mean sacrificing reliability.
MPB has raised multiple rounds of venture capital and private equity funding, most recently £50m Series D in April 2021, and is listed in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
We are excited to be expanding our Brighton team. We are seeking a Pricing BI & Data Analyst to contribute to our growth as a best-in-class organization.
If you’re an innovative thinker with a passion for supporting photography and videography, we would love to hear from you. You’ll be working in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment that includes local and global teams.
We recognise the benefit of inclusive practices to better build a diverse community here at MPB. Our commitment to ensuring inclusion fuels and connects us as one with the diverse community of visual storytellers that we serve.
MPB customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of family makeup, race, sexuality, religion, gender identity, disability or age. At MPB, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
About the Role
As Pricing BI & Data Analyst, you will work within our UK based team, and will report directly to the Head of Data. You will be responsible for providing analysis and insight to the pricing team, with a focus on improving the BI tools and dashboards used by the team on a daily basis. This will include analysis of large datasets as well as preparing and cleaning data, and designing and building interactive dashboards in Tableau.
You should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including querying large datasets, and best practice data visualization. Additionally, you should be committed to transforming data analysis into actionable insights which can drive business performance.
We are looking for someone who will be confident in collaborating with the pricing team and Head of Pricing, proactively identifying opportunities by analysing data, as well as upholding a culture of excellence in data management and visualisation.
- Expanding and maintaining our suite of pricing focussed dashboards, with a focus on enhanced insight and automation.
- Work directly with the Head of Pricing to gather requirements, align solutions, provide status updates, and present findings.
- Identifying opportunities to develop new reports and analytics to deliver insights and drive higher levels of business performance.
- Maintain and improve data pipelines
- Assisting with day to day ad hoc analysis using excel and Tableau
- Extensive experience with Tableau or similar data visualization/reporting tool
- Proven excellence in Excel
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of data analytics, working with large datasets from multiple sources
- Ability to set own priorities and take accountability for delivery to communicated timelines
Even Better If
- Experienced in R or Python preferred but not essential.
- Tableau qualifications
- Strong SQL skills
- Understanding of ETL pipelines
- Knowledge of the principles of data warehouse design and the challenges posed by data quality
- Experience in creating data sources and cleaning and joining multiple data tables.
- Previous experience working on pricing focussed projects.
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 22 days increasing by one day for each year of continued service.
- Government pension scheme
- Company EAP
- Dog friendly office
Note on working practices during the Coronavirus outbreak
At the time of writing, all office based staff are on a rota system, combining optional time in our covid-secure office with working from home.