Email Marketing Assistant – Head Office, Eastbourne
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Competitive Salary plus benefits
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Email Marketing Assistant to join our Marketing team based at Head Office in Eastbourne. This is a new role within the team, responsible for optimising existing email campaigns as well as creating and introducing exciting new campaigns with the aim of turning these leads in to sales.
Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager - Trade and the wider Marketing team, this role will play a key part in optimising opportunities and sales that can be generated by the creation of effective email campaigns. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a solid background in Email Marketing, is highly organised with an analytical way of thinking and who is dedicated to producing high quality work.
Brewers Decorator Centres are the largest independent supplier of decorating materials across the UK, supplying both trade and retail customers across the country. Brewers is still a family-owned business with a wonderful heritage and over 110 years in our industry, which says something about our ability to understand and keep up with our market. Our digital marketing activities and online presence is increasing and we have many exciting plans for 2021 and beyond.
What does the role of an Email Marketing Assistant involve?
- Maintaining a monthly email schedule.
- Designing and briefing relevant artwork and messaging requirements to creative team for email campaigns.
- Building emails using HTML, drag and drop and plain text systems.
- Analysing data and metrics and create relevant reports.
- Optimising and develop successful email campaigns.
- Developing exceptional email performance – open rates, click through rates, sale attribution, unsubscribes, contact churn, bounce rates.
- Maintaining email lists and data to promote a healthy and segmented email database.
- Collaborating with wider marketing team to ensure consistency of messaging and campaigns across platforms.
- Liaising with Regional and Branch Managers to help promote individual branches.
- Liaising with suppliers and other external organisations to co-ordinate third party email campaigns.
Who we are looking for to join the team:
- Previous experience in building emails using drag and drop, HTML and plain text systems
- Sound knowledge of Marketing in Business, email marketing and planning campaigns
- Decorating or building industry knowledge would be advantageous but not essential – we are looking for someone with an interest in our industry and in making the world of decorating supplies more exciting!
- A good understanding of how Email Marketing fits in with and supports a businesses wider marketing strategy
- Practical knowledge of the following is desirable but not essential - Photoshop Elements for basic manipulation of images, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Basic video editing software
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Highly organised and forward thinking with the ability to multitask effectively and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing including spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Understanding and knowledge of GDPR policy
- Exceptional attention to detail skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately to a high standard with a ‘right first time’ approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to an intermediate level including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and happy to learn and embrace new software and technologies
- Keen to learn about our industry and develop product knowledge to be able to communicate confidently with our online audience
- Enjoys working and supporting a team with the initiative to work as an individual at all times
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality
Alongside a competitive salary you will also receive:
- 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) increasing with service
- Free life assurance
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
- Pension plan through Legal & General
- Company profit share scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous staff discounts
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
If you believe your skills are suited to this role, and would welcome the challenge of joining our team, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to complete our required application form.
This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment or receive a high number of applicants.