We are Crunch! A multi-award winning SaaS company based in Brighton with a brilliant team of 160, over 17,000 clients and 50,000 Crunch Chorus members. Together, we single-handedly pioneered a complete online accounting solution to empower self-employed contractors, freelancers and micro-businesses in the UK, helping them to grow their business and create the lives they want as part of a powerful community.
Are you looking to develop your understanding of Agile methodologies and Scrum principles in a vibrant and motivating environment, whilst honing your servant leadership skills?
As a ScrumMaster at Crunch, you’ll be an integral part of a centrally located and cross functional team, building the next generation of our flagship product - used by tens of thousands. This role will allow the successful candidate an opportunity to hit the ground running; leading their own team whilst learning from our highly skilled and experienced colleagues, with scope to progress quickly to mid-level.
We’re passionate about agile delivery, adopting the latest technology and forward thinking development approaches. Take a look at our TechBlog for background on our culture, guiding principles, and journey so far.
If you share this passion and are looking for a role in which you can really make a difference - we’d love to hear from you.
In this role, you will be:
- Acting as ScrumMaster for at least one of our Product teams - contributing to the success of the team on a daily basis, in every way you can!
- Organising and facilitating Scrum events (daily stand ups, planning sessions, retrospectives, sprint reviews and refinement sessions)
- Overseeing the design, build and testing of software according to Acceptance Criteria, and ‘Definition of Done’
- Supporting our non-technical team members with any queries and issues of a technical/team nature
- Collaborating with the team’s Product Owner and stakeholders to ensure that the product backlog is in good shape and full of value-adding ideas!
- Right to work in the UK; we will need to see proof of this prior to confirming an offer of employment
- Proven experience of working as a ScrumMaster, Digital Project Manager or similar role (for at least one year)
- A dynamic, proactive ‘can-do’ attitude - with the ability to adapt quickly to change
- An appreciation of software development practices
- You’re a good communicator - with the ability to bridge the gap between our technical and non-technical team members.
The ‘nice to have’:
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) qualified, or working towards the qualification
- Experience serving multiple teams as a ScrumMaster or Project Manager/Owner
- Familiarity of Front & Backend technologies, continuous deployment and/or service architecture
- An active participant in the agile community - for example, getting involved in meetups, blogs and volunteer work.
What you’ll get in return:
We’re very proud of our collaborative and inclusive working culture - you’ll be working as part of a fun and progressive team, with a whole host of fantastic company benefits! These include:
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays), which increases with length of service - plus an extra half day holiday on your birthday!
- Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Company funded social events (when we can all meet again!)
- Lots of wellbeing support and events across the year; including in-house personal training sessions, yoga sessions and more!
Since the beginning of the pandemic our team have been working from home and thriving in this new way of working. All we need is for you to be able to work from a comfortable, private and distraction free environment - with a solid internet connection (a minimum of 10-12 Mbps upload speed). We'll provide you with all the equipment you need to get set up before you start with us - so there's no need to supply your own. Although our ScrumMaster role can be performed remotely, we would welcome applications from candidates in the South of England area - so that travel to our Brighton office every couple of weeks could be an option.
Crunch is committed to equal opportunities in every aspect of our company and the community, embracing and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our team members, those who apply to work for us and our client base, without exception.
We believe that the key to our success is our people, we value the contributions and experiences of all who make up our community. Supported by our company policies and procedures, we will take every possible step to ensure that no person will suffer direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, age, neurodiversity or disability status.