Man Bites Dog is the strategic ideas company. We partner with knowledge-rich businesses to turn intellectual capital into competitive advantage.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Executive to join our growing team in Brighton.
Man Bites Dog is a multi-award winning B2B strategic ideas company. We work with market leaders and challengers in the Professional Services, Financial Services, Technology, and Industry, Trade and Logistics (ITL) sectors. We’re proud to be strategic advisors to these fascinating companies – helping them develop creative, integrated campaigns and content that deliver commercial returns.
We’re far from a traditional corporate agency. We dare to be different in how we do business and the kind of work we do. There’s no creative or commercial challenge too big for Man Bites Dog.
We do interesting and inspiring work to be proud of and have built a collegiate culture based on hard work and good fun. It’s one of the reasons we win so many awards, and why our team choose to stay and grow with us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Join and contribute to agency idea generating brainstorms.
Account & Project Management
- Understand client objectives and priorities.
- Manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Deliver timely and effective reporting.
- Media and influencer relations, including:
- Build relationships with key journalists.
- Secure regular media opportunities and own influencer relations programmes.
- Copywriting (with senior support where needed) – press releases, reports, blogs, news hijacks etc.
- Produce quality, supporting research.
Team & People Management
- Manage and help to train graduates and new Executives.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on your team to support the Dog Development process.
- Provide quality research to support new business meetings.
- Support the team in the creation of new business materials.
- Take part in business-winning pitches (with senior support and guidance).
- Personal and account administration – timesheets, expenses, databases etc.
- Pitching in and supporting your pack with ad-hoc work as required.
The key qualities we’re looking for in our new recruit:
- A business enthusiast with at least one year of experience in B2B marketing communications.
- An outstanding communicator - written and verbal.
- A media relations consultant with an excellent knowledge of the global news agenda and the ability to build journalist relationships.
- Marketing experience
- A solid understanding of the industry, sectors and business audiences (SMEs, mid-market and corporates).
- A passion for creating ideas with a desire to learn how to craft a compelling story, generate and evidence big ideas.
- An unflappable operator and problem solver that can juggle multiple responsibilities.
- A new business enthusiast that supports the agency’s approach, content and pitches.
- A team player who loves helping their team and clients reach their full potential.
- A good understanding of Man Bites Dog’s values, strategy, proposition and services, policies, systems and processes (e.g. capacity planning, timesheet recording).
Check out our Instagram account to keep up to date on our latest adventures.
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We need an ambitious, seriously smart and enthusiastic junior professional who is keen to learn and shares our dedication to doing brilliant work.