Senior Learning Designer
- BestAtDigital (B.A.D.)
- eLearning, Design / Creative, Editorial / Content
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
We are BestAtDigital, a Brighton based digital learning and comms agency. We are determined to shake up the digital world so we're looking for someone that can bring a bit of spice and a skillset that can complement our talented team. We work with big brands to turn their subject matter into compelling digital experiences that drive behaviour change or deepen understanding around information that’s fundamental to our customers’ success.
You need to have at least 3 years’ experience working in the Digital Learning industry or digital agency (with excellent storytelling and exceptional writing skills). An understanding of Behavioural Science would also be an advantage as you will be working alongside our Behavioural Insights team to deliver solutions that are underpinned by our Behavioural Science principles. If you are excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced, project oriented digital agency we would love to talk to you.
If you would like to find out more about us, check out our website at www.bestatdigital.com.
The successful candidate will be experienced, creative, dynamic and proactive e-learning specialists and should thrive in a fast-paced environment. If you are successful, you will be expected to have: -
Experience in technical writing / technical learning design, learning consultancy and requirements analysis would be desirable.
Please note that learning designer positions are for writers of instructional content and are not graphic design roles.
- Good research skills
- Work closely with our clients to analyse learning requirements
- Facilitate workshops with clients
- Engage with subject matter experts to gather and structure content
- Produce instructionally sound treatments, storyboards and scripts
- Experience in leveraging learning design principles and design systems
- Peer review and check work for learning effectiveness, coherence, clarity and consistency
- Brief and support or UK/GFX and development teams throughout production
- Report regularly on progress
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process
- Manage scope proactively and efficiently
- Attend sales proposals
- Support the sales process
- Ability to articulate ideas, and interchange constructive feedback both internally, and externally with customers
- Deliver vision and direction across projects, and have an awareness of the strategic positioning of brands and communication
- Experience using version control methods
- Confident using Windows based systems
- Can work autonomously
- A strong, agile, methodology to working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a down to earth touch
- Highly motivated team player
- Thrives in a culture of giving and receiving feedback
- An eye for detail and quality
- Challenges the norm, looks for better ways of working
- Can work closely and confidently with clients, facilitating workshops and guiding them in their decisions
- Can develop creative treatments, storyboards and scripts that push the boundaries of digital learning and comms
- Innovative and excited about producing excellence
- Experience of working in inter-disciplinary teams in a fast-moving agency environment
- Have a sound understanding of learning theory, pay attention to detail and adopt a proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to articulate design decisions and considerations and influence key stakeholders