- Hello Genius Limited
- Project Management, Account Handling
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Contract Type
Want to help grow an agency and have a blast doing it?
Well, slap on that cowboy hat and tighten up those stirrups because if this sounds like your kind of rodeo, you may have just found the perfect position.
Hello Genius needs an account/project management hero to deliver an amazing experience for our clients… and it could be you.
We were small, then got a bit bigger and now we’ve ridden the COVID storm, we’re looking to explode onto the scene with new clients, new positioning and fresh blood (not in a weird vampire cult sort of way, though).
Based in Brighton, you’ll work closely alongside the founder to manage the production side of the agency. But don’t expect to be employee No.2 for long… we’re going places and looking to build a team as quickly as possible.
This is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-shit-done role someone who is comfortable working closely in partnership with a founder but can see the potential of being part of an agency and brand that has huge potential to grow.
You’ll already have experience in an agency or you’ll have experience in account management/project management and you’re looking for your next step up. There’s potential to grow this role in the direction you wish.
The essential-but-dull job description stuff
For an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual, there is a real opportunity to drive and grow this role. (We so wanted to use the term self-starter, but does anyone really know what it means...?) As an agency that has traditionally been staffed by creatives, you’ll be responsible for the production responsibilities of the agency.
You will work closely with the founder and the team of remote writers and freelancers to take projects from proposals through to delivery. This includes project planning and execution, client management and production.
The salary range is £35,000 to £45,000, depending on experience and your knowledge of 90s music. This is advertised as full-time but we’re also open to part-time should you feel this is the role for you but you can’t commit to full-time, yet.
The role covers a broad range of responsibilities including the following:
- Scoping and building out the client brief ahead of briefing in team members as well as scoping out timeframes, budgets and resources.
- Planning and executing strategy according to agreed timelines and deliverables. Managing and delegating to project teams, including freelancers and outsourced help to meet project deliverables and deadlines.
- Supporting CEO in developing ideas and proposals to prospective clients.
- Manage and develop relationships with clients to keep communication flowing and look for any opportunities for potential growth. Responding to client requests and reporting results to support the value of our relationship.
- Manage and grow our team of suppliers, freelancers and experts to ensure we maintain a great relationship and communication with the talent who deliver industry-leading work to our clients.
- Assessing, improving and adding internal agency processes and systems to improve client results, productivity and workflows.
- General admin as needed to fulfil operational needs of the business.
In terms of culture fit, we’re always looking for individuals who are keen to stand out for the agency and get involved in our marketing activity, from contributing to content and comms, appearing on video and offering thought leadership/expertise.
Previous experience in a creative agency or demonstrable experience managing projects is essential.
Who we are
We’re Hello Genius, a marketing agency and education business that believes great ideas deserve to win. That’s why we support disruptive businesses and challenger brands who promise to change the world through bold, clever and creative marketing that gets results.
We’ve only been around for five years and we’re on our way up. As part of the Entrepreneurial Spark Accelerator programme backed by Natwest, KPMG and Dell, our aim is to grow the business fast. And that’s why we need YOU.
If you want to work alongside a founder and entrepreneur as they grow a business, you will discover there are endless opportunities for progression as the team and business grows.
Oh, and love to share. We’re really open about what we do in the agency. That’s why we’re constantly sharing on social media, presenting on video and blogging about what we’re doing. It helps if you’re that way inclined, too.
Sounds great, so what do I need to do next?
Send us a CV and covering letter - speaking specifically about what you'd bring to Hello Genius - and fire it over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org