About iCrossing UK
At iCrossing our ambition is not to just be a standard agency, but to be a growth partner, creating a long-term and mutually beneficial partnership.
We started life in Brighton as a one of the first search agencies in the UK, since then we became a full service digital agency, and in 2010 iCrossing was acquired by the world’s leading independent publisher, Hearst. Being part of the Hearst family creates a unique proposition; combining deep consumer insight and world-class content creation specialism with digital marketing expertise in strategy, SEO, paid media and data.
The digital landscape has shifted power from brands to connected consumers, allowing new technology and new competitors to emerge quickly, causing disruption for brands. Business as usual may no longer deliver the same results it did last year. Our Change as Usual ethos – a set of behaviours and ways of working - helps our clients navigate this change and grow their business.
Whatever your objective, every campaign starts and ends with the consumer, we believe that better performance is unlocked through better consumer understanding. Our unique audience insight and data, powered by Hearst, sits at the heart of everything we do and influences all the channels plan and buy. Our 5i’s planning process ensures that this insight is connected directly to channel planning and execution.
We have best-in-class expertise and our platform neutral approach means we can objectively select the best solution for our clients. This expertise is consistently recognised; just last year we have won The Drum ‘Best Social’ award, three awards at the ‘UK Biddable media awards’ and we are a seven-time Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies.
About the role
We are seeking a Data & Analytics Consultant to join our Data Strategy & Analytics sub-team within iCrossing’s growing and increasingly integral Data & Analytics department – focused on delivering best-in-class Marketing Science.
This is a great opportunity for a senior analyst who is looking to master their technical data and analytics skills across two large, multi-market clients as well as further develop their commercial acumen by support of Director of Data Strategy & Analytics with commercial responsibilities.
The role is client-facing and will involve workstreams that covers four areas of D&A (Strategy, Implementation, BI, and Data Science) as well as mentoring/management of junior members of the team as we grow the department
Day to day responsibilities
Dependant on the client and/or project the individual is assigned to, responsibilities (“duties/tasks”) would include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Identify strategic opportunities through analysis of our clients’ programmes of work
• Liaise with client stakeholders to communicate data requirements and help secure data assets from clients (including offline data sources)
• Define measurement objectives, KPIs, and supporting metrics based on our clients’ business and marketing level objectives
• Work with the client’s developers to deploy robust data layers
• Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager technical expertise – review, evaluate and optimise technical implementation of tracking code and account configuration. Creating client facing technical documentation
• Creative data strategies - develop solutions to answer business questions utilising technically advanced/complex and new GA features where relevant
• Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
• Enhance the existing advance analytics modelling, methodologies, and contribute to new ideas in modelling and report visualisation
• Development of prototypes and proof of concepts from research conducted
Within this role, individuals should have the following non-technical skills:
• Creative problem-solving – the answers won’t jump into your lap, so you engage your creativity to find them.
• Rigorously analytical – you stretch a concept until it breaks, then put the parts back together in the most logical way.
• Strategic thinking – you focus obsessively on business objectives.
• Exemplary communication – you find simple ways to describe complex ideas, inspiring others to take action.
• Stakeholder and time management – colleagues and clients will be beating your door down, but you stay in control.
• Self-motivator – you enjoy autonomy and designing your own road map to the team goal.
• Commercially savvy – you can nurture opportunities and recognise where your time will earn most value.
• Strong Digital Marketing knowledge and experience with common MarTech platforms, including but not limited to: Google Ads 360, Google DV360, Google Search Console, STAT Search Analytics, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Salesforce, and/or Adobe Experience Cloud products (Analytics, Campaign, Advertising, Marketo Engage, Audience Manager, and Target).
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with proven ability to provide actionable insight from multiple data sets - delivering the 'so what' behind the data
• Demonstratable proficiency in statistics – forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their strategic impacts
• An understanding of long-term digital and organisational strategy – covering a variety of topics such as, but not limited to: Data Security and Governance (GDPR / CCPA / ITP), Change Management (SSM), and/or Development Processes (Agile vs. Waterfall)
We invest heavily in our staff’s development and wellbeing. Employees consistently and overwhelmingly agree (through regular internal engagement surveys) that iCrossing is run on strong values and principles, that their job supports their personal growth and that they love working at iCrossing.
In addition to a diverse, collaborative and inclusive working environment, we offer a range of benefits – there’s a long list, but here are some of the highlights!
Attractive salary package
25 days’ holiday (increasing 1 day per year, up to 29 days)
Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
Early finish on the last Friday of every month
Options to buy up to 5 additional holiday days
Study leave of up to 5 days per year
Charity donation match and up to 5 days per year to undertake work on behalf of a charity
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay