Motion Designer/ Art Director
- This is the Box Ltd
- Brighton, overlooking the Pavilion
- Competive Salary Offered
- Animation, Design / Creative, Video / Content Production
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Contract Type
The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design, with a portfolio that showcases a wide variety of styles and disciplines alongside a strong motion design showreel.
You will be working closely with the Creative Director and other members of the creative team to craft highly engaging content for our varied clients across a broad range of styles, from project inception right through to final delivery. Our ideal candidate isn't phased under pressure, is able to meet tight deadlines and has strong communication skills. We want someone with a genuine desire to help our company grow, so you can grow with us.
At Box Animation Studio, we've built a creative culture which is fast-paced, positive and adaptable to change. We all work together because we love animation and we thrive on the positive upbeat attitudes of the people around us. Does that sound like you?
• Creating animated content from the ground up, being involved in every stage of animation production
• Ability to generate eye catching style frames and pitch work
• Storyboarding and scamping
• Asset creation
• Interpreting and breathing life into brand guidelines
• Proactively keeping up to date with current trends and techniques
• Design beautiful visuals from scratch or within a predefined style
• Leading and managing small teams of freelance talent where necessary
• Creative brainstorming
• Presenting your ideas
• Liaising with colleagues, freelancers and clients.
• Delivering pixel perfect design assets
• Superb attention to detail
• Ability to read between the lines of a brief and take the initiative
• Constantly pushing the creative standards at Box Animation Studio and all works produced.
• Working on and switching between several projects and managing your own time effectively
• Be able to consistently deliver work under pressure and against tight deadlines
Essential Skills + Requirements:
• Ideally 3 years previous industry experience or an exceptionally strong motion design showreel
• Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills (crucially After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Potatoeshop, also editing programs such as Audition)
• Experience working directly with enterprise brands or household names in either B2C or B2B contexts
• Someone able to work on and switch between several projects and manage their own time effectively
• Ability to generate assets from scratch, experience in illustration is a real bonus
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• A solid understanding of core Graphic Design principles
• A proven track record of delivering graphic design and motion design projects to a high level
• Pixel perfect, creative thinker and problem solver
• C4D skills would be a big bonus
• Curiosity, infectious enthusiasm and a love for the moving image
• An understanding of how motion works across web environments
• Sound editing and SFX (a bonus!)
Make yourself available for all meetings both online and on-site.
Attend and assist at events (e.g. presenting at business events, student talks).
Keeping up to date with industry trends.
All other general activities associated with being an animator/designer
Some of the perks
- Bonus scheme
- Work-From-Home flexibility
- Time In Lieu should weekend work be required to meet tight deadlines (rare!)
- Bottomless fruit bowl (ok, so it's not magic, just free fruit).
- Summer BBQ & Xmas party
- Gym Membership
- Office massages (by an expert!)
- Awesome location on the corner of Brighton Pier, the laines, and Kemptown
Competitive salary offered.