Who are we?
The Student Room Group (TSR) is the largest, most useful and best-loved online student community there is. Millions of students turn to us first for advice, info and support on work, learning and life’s ups and downs. And that means we’re uniquely privileged to connect educators and employers to switched-on young people actively seeking out answers and meaningful connections.
We are driving a student first mentality. This enables us to build products that students need where we can apply our USP.
What does a Product Designer at TSR do?
We are embarking on the largest scale, ground up re-build TSR has ever seen. We’re looking for an in-house product designer with a broad range of experience to join, and drive forwards, our websites, and be a core part of this venture.
We’re seeking someone who has a proven track record in product design, has experience in an agile working environment, and is happy to work on new opportunities as they occur. You will take pride in your work and strive for success.
You’ll report to our Head of Product, but be happy to own your own projects and processes and be confident to pitch ideas and provide updates off your own back. You will be a key voice of the user within product design and will create beautiful products taking into account user and client feedback as well as data insights and market analysis.
If you have a compelling portfolio to share with us and you have experience in transforming digital platforms through design, then we’d love to work with you.
Skills & Experience
- Highly experienced with design tools – Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch etc
- Experience in business transformational re-design
- Proven digital design skills with the ability to create wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs
- Own the end-to-end design process, from problem definition and user research, through to low/high-fidelity prototyping and polished visual/interaction design
- Facilitate design thinking and practice across the product team and beyond, increasing the visibility and impact of design though writing, speaking, and workshops
- Rapidly prototype in all fidelitys, identify which has the most promise, and mobilise the team to ship a minimal viable product to validate with real users
- Familiarity with usability testing and its role within product development process both qualitative and quantitative, setting up and evaluating surveys and interviews
- A passion for user experience and digital design and up to date with latest and emerging industry trends
- Have experience driving UX design within an agile / lean team environment, including facilitating and running design sprints
- Embed yourself in a cross-functional team alongside product, engineering, and business ambassadors to define problems and iteratively explore/ship solutions
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates digital product development with proven experiences that work
- Working knowledge of front end coding such as HTML, CSS and others
- Previous experience working with youth brands
- Degree or equivalent within Digital Design or similar
This opportunity will suit someone who…
- Is solution driven and thinks outside the box
- Is highly organised, and is not afraid to push back if needed
- Can generate quick concepts and realise ideas
- Can adapt to a broad range of artistic styles
- Understands internet use and common user experience practices
- Enjoys keeping up to date with the ever moving internet landscape and popular websites, with a focus on youth sites
- Works well under pressure with strong attention to detail
Salary: up to £40k depending on experience