Digital Content Executive
- £18,000 - £20,000 pa (based on experience)
- SEO & PPC, Editorial / Content
- Contract Type
Boundless is a not-for-profit provider of member benefits. We are one of the UK’s largest public sector and civil service clubs. We give back to those who give most to society by providing money-saving deals, events and perks to help members get the most from their free time. We bring members together through shared interests, experiences and exclusive benefits which include exclusive deals on days out, holidays and high street brands, over 600 member run activities per year, an award winning magazine, exclusive events and hospitality, preferential rates at our hotels and holiday parks and a whole host of other perks.
Purpose of the role
Assisting our Front End Developer, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that our digital channels have content that is up to date and looks great to the end user. Behind the scenes you’ll be working hard to make sure that the correct metadata is in place to maximise SEO. You’ll work with our SEO agency partners and 3rd party software to ensure that we’re always on top of this.
With responsibility for managing our Cookie compliance – you’ll be ensuring that the sites we’re responsible for are regularly scanned and that cookies used are clearly labelled and identified to end users. You’ll achieve this through managing 3rd party software which is already in place.
As part of a small digital team we’ll also need you to regularly go beyond your role. You’ll be called upon to help with testing new developments – ensuring user journeys are as expected; helping Member Services to resolve basic online queries with our membership.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is at the beginning of their digital career, who has foundation skills, which they’re looking to build on. You’ll be able to develop your digital skills whilst facing out to most of the business.
- Supporting the ongoing development and production of web pages
- Updating existing web pages and prioritizing work with business needs.
- Ensuring pre-defined accessibility guidelines and brand guidelines are met and working with 3rd party content providers to ensure the copy they provide to the business is set up to the appropriate standards.
- Updating CMS metadata in order to optimize SEO
- Ensuring that links on site are active and directed to the right place
- Managing redirects and short URLs
- Ownership and management of Cookie compliance
- Ownership of SEM rush (SEO tool)
- Use tools such as Hotjar and Google Analytics to find and solve issues with existing and future user journeys
You will have
- Good knowledge of HTML
- Great English language skills
- Ability to take data, prioritise and action accordingly – managing SEMRush improvements
- Ability to manage a backlog of work and deadlines set by the wider business as well as their own workload
- Digital qualifications / equivalent experience
- Self-starter – someone who can spot issues / problems and resolve them
- Relationship management – need to manage expectations of stakeholders from around the business and also work with 3rd parties