At iCrossing our ambition is not to just be a standard agency, but to be a growth partner, creating a long-term and mutually beneficial partnership.
We started life in Brighton as a one of the first search agencies in the UK, since then we became a full service digital agency, and in 2010 iCrossing was acquired by the world’s leading independent publisher, Hearst. Being part of the Hearst family creates a unique proposition; combining deep consumer insight and world-class content creation specialism with digital marketing expertise in strategy, SEO, paid media and data.
The digital landscape has shifted power from brands to connected consumers, allowing new technology and new competitors to emerge quickly, causing disruption for brands. Business as usual may no longer deliver the same results it did last year. Our Change as Usual ethos – a set of behaviours and ways of working - helps our clients navigate this change and grow their business.
Whatever your objective, every campaign starts and ends with the consumer, we believe that better performance is unlocked through better consumer understanding. Our unique audience insight and data, powered by Hearst, sits at the heart of everything we do and influences all the channels plan and buy. Our 5i’s planning process ensures that this insight is connected directly to channel planning and execution.
We have best-in-class expertise and our platform neutral approach means we can objectively select the best solution for our clients. This expertise is consistently recognised; just last year we have won The Drum ‘Best Social’ award, three awards at the ‘UK Biddable media awards’ and we are a seven-time Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies.
About the role
We are seeking a Natural Search SEO Manager based in either Brighton or London, to join our Search sub-team, managing up to two SEO Analysts the role will responsible for creating advanced SEO strategies that are tailored for our client’s needs.
You’ll be highly visible with our clients as the SEO lead strategist and the one that has the plan to deliver against their objectives. You’ll develop and brief work for the SEO analysts and review all output to ensure it meets the high standards we have at iCrossing, as well taking on the most complex projects for clients yourself.
You’ll be responsible for mentoring, assisting and developing the SEO Analysts day to day, to progress and develop their SEO knowledge. Within this position you will be able to help refine processes, ways of working and training to develop not only your direct team but the entire search department in this area.
Day to day responsibilities
- Creating enterprise level SEO strategies for our clients to deliver against client objectives
- Creating and briefing a pipeline of SEO tasks to develop an account with fresh ideas and thinking
- Leading client meetings and calls as the SEO lead on the account
- Keeping up to date with search news & sharing opinions on industry developments within the team and with clients, providing your viewpoint of changes
- Personal development of your team of analysts including 121s and the creation of Personal Development plans
- Mentoring your analysts to ensure that they develop a wealth of experience within SEO and Search
- Resolving personal and professional challenges that may occur within your team
- QA of all analyst output to ensure it meets the high standards that iCrossing expect
- Providing top level insights to clients on current performance and areas to grow in the future
- Participating in a virtual team within iCrossing to develop a niche area of Search, including the creation of new processes, templates and deliverables as well as best practice
- Interviewing and induction of new analysts to the team
- Galvanising the Search team with your prior knowledge, fresh thoughts and enthusiasm
- Consistently performing at an advanced level of SEO competency
- Lead the up-selling of existing clients with additional services and solutions
- Working on-site with clients to assist in building trust and relationships with SEO managers client side
- Contributing to pitch material and, in some cases, attending pitches
- Leading training sessions as well as presenting case studies internally
- Work with a PPC counterpart either internally or at a third-party agency to drive Total Search results for our clients
- Proven team leader with the ability to mentor, assist and develop the analysts within your team
- Ability to create industry leading SEO strategies for our clients
- Experience of developing the ways of working and processes within an SEO team.
- Extensive knowledge of technical optimisation, content optimisation, link management, data analysis and SEO tools
- You’ll be an expert in advanced keyword research techniques such as question-based searches, semantic search and search beyond just conversion point queries
- Experience of delivering SEO results for clients with your SEO strategies
- Have worked with PPC experts to develop overall search strategies to holistically benefit clients.
- Strong oral & written communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Ideally, you’ll be AdWords certified – to assist in the understanding all aspects of the search channel
- Ability to receive constructive feedback but also can give constructive feedback out other team members
- Confident public speaker with the ability to present both internally and to clients
- A strong grasp of many different third party SEO tools and analytics packages
We invest heavily in our staff’s development and wellbeing. Employees consistently and overwhelmingly agree (through regular internal engagement surveys) that iCrossing is run on strong values and principles, that their job supports their personal growth and that they love working at iCrossing.
In addition to a diverse, collaborative and inclusive working environment, we offer a range of benefits – there’s a long list, but here are some of the highlights!
Attractive salary package
25 days’ holiday (increasing 1 day per year, up to 29 days)
Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options!
Early finish on the last Friday of every month
Options to buy up to 5 additional holiday days
Study leave of up to 5 days per year
Charity donation match and up to 5 days per year to undertake work on behalf of a charity