- Plug-in Media
- Brighton, UK
- Competitive, depending on experience
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
The primary duty of the Production Manager is to support the successful running of the production, by maintaining a broad overview of all production departments.
This specific role provides a great opportunity to work with a talented team on an exciting production with Plug-in Media in Brighton as a collaboration with Blue Zoo.
You will oversee management of all aspects of computer animation production in collaboration with and under the line management of the MD of Plug-in and Head of Productions at Blue Zoo. Problem solving, task delegation and a keen eye for logistics are the key skills for this role.
This role requires the selected candidate to be based in the UK, and ideally work remotely and from the Brighton studio from time to time. The contract is fixed term, running until April 2023.
Day to Day:
- Resource management across all production departments. Includes internal resources, conducting staff reviews in collaboration with the head of department, schedule updates and absence/holiday tracking.
- Coordination of drafting job descriptions in collaboration with heads of departments and the people and talent team
- Create and maintain overview/department schedules and delivery oversight for all production departments, including the setting of production priorities and defining milestones.
- Serve as the main point of coordination and contact between the team and the production's senior/management staff.
- Be across the production as a whole as well as individual departments.
- Motivate departmental heads/supervisors to ensure quality and stay on schedule.
- Generate internal progress reports for the production team and management as well as reporting externally to clients.
- Back up the MD of Plug-in and Head of Productions at Blue Zoo / Director in terms of client management and communications.
- Lead production and dependencies meetings.
- Communicate clearly and regularly between the production team and the client.
- Help to plan and troubleshoot the pipeline for production.
- Manage and update Ftrack with assets and reviews to and from the client.
- Plan with the available resources to optimise the efficiency of each department, in line with the schedule and budget and raise any concerns with the MD of Plug-in/Head of Productions at Blue Zoo .
- Ensure the team is working towards the various goals and deadlines needed.
- Manage assets and final delivery to our client.
Each of these responsibilities will be further defined by the MD of Plug-in and Head of Productions at Blue Zoo and the needs of the specific production.
- Understands the importance of taking responsibility for ensuring problems are solved.
- Puts the outcome for the studio as a whole first.
- Can both anticipate a problem and either prevent it or limit the damage.
- Can see past the noise.
- Delegates responsibility effectively.
- Having the ability to interact with Directors, CG Supervisors, Lead and Technical Artists, to determine creative and technical requirements of productions is integral to this role.
- A solid work ethic and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations is vital.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Having the ability to keep a calm head under pressure is key.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with the client in a timely manner.
- 3D or 2D Production Management experience.
- Previous experience as Production Manager on both long and short form production.
- Previous experience in 2D Production Management in Children’s TV/ Episodic
- Previous experience working with International Partners
Plug-in Media is a 4xBAFTA winning production studio with a reputation for producing work of the highest quality. We make games and animation for an enviable international client list consisting of the biggest names in children’s entertainment both across the UK and in the USA. Our busy studio has a positive and cheerful atmosphere, where everyone’s voice is heard. While everyone here works hard, we all have a lot of fun doing it! We are currently working remotely but have regular company get togethers, barbeques, and outings and are moving into a hybrid mode of working over the coming months.