Cyclr is growing and we are seeking to recruit an experienced individual into our Senior Development team. With at least 5 years of relevant development experience under your belt you will be ready for your next move. Our team is small but highly efficient and Cyclr is growing fast. You will be joining our business at a formative stage and will have an opportunity to influence our development direction and growth.
As this is a critical team role, for the right person, there will also be potential to participate in the company equity scheme after an initial 12 month probationary period.
Cyclr develops a powerful SaaS integration toolkit for SaaS companies. With Cyclr clients can quickly create, manage and deliver an amplified suite of integrations from within their own application.
You’re technical but you’re also a skilled communicator
We believe that the real art to software development is not just in the code itself, but understanding the user journey and the ‘real-life’ commercial application of the code. All parts of our business touch our clients on their journey, we expect each and every member of the team to be prepared to interact externally. Our software platform is of critical importance to the clients that adopt it, to the extent that we view them as partners of our business.
You’re a team player
Our team work across multiple locations. As a result, we live in Slack and video chat to plan, organise, report, test, and generally ensure the smooth progress of projects. You should be able to collect, process, and summarise complex data into effective communication.
We’re a young but growing business
It will be exciting, things will evolve quickly, and you will get experience working on diverse projects. You will learn a lot and be able to have a meaningful impact on where Cyclr is heading. You will be helping to establish the foundations of a very large company.
You will need to understand Cyclr’s full capabilities and its significance in the wider market. Conversations with users, partners, and colleagues, could lead to radical changes to features. We value ideas and initiative above all else: we expect everyone to be on the pulse of the technology we are integrating.
- Develop new features for our core platform.
- End to end testing including both manual and automated tests using scripts.
- Help customers and sales team build integrations and troubleshoot technical issues remotely.
- Maintain the cloud computing infrastructure.
- Document platform updates and changes.
- Provide occasional training sessions to clients.
- Provide technical support to our Support Team and occasional emergency support protocol cover.
- Experience in the design of scalable architectures.
- Development experience in C# / ASP.NET or another OOP language, ideally demonstrated in the workplace.
- Experience of working with REST and SOAP APIs.
- Expertise in SQL databases and ORM software, e.g. Entity Framework and Hibernate.
- Expertise in design patterns particularly MVC.
- Software engineering processes, such as version control, TDD, automated build and release, etc.
- Ability to learn / right attitude.
- Communication for client facing work.
- Knowledge of agile software development.
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch.
- Knowledge of message broker software such as RabbitMQ.
- Knowledge of load balancers such as Nginx.
- Linux/Windows server configuration and management.
- Knowledge of cloud services/environments such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of .NET Core.
You will be allocated to one of our offices in Croydon, Brighton or Eastbourne. You will have a choice between being office based or remote working, however you will be expected to travel to one of the offices at least once per week for team meetings. Working hours are intended to be 8 hours per day, Monday-Friday.
Flexibility may occasionally be required (during the working week) and we are open to flexible working hours proposals. You will also be expected to be contactable as part of our emergency support protocol on a rotational basis.
Based on experience.
Pension: Statutory Pension Contribution
Holidays: Flexible holidays with prior agreement with your manager