There is no doubt that the last 12 months has seriously impacted the live events sector, but with the easing of lock down and the fact that face to face events have been sorely missed, the events industry is ready to restart.
We are looking for an Marketing Executive to join our busy, hard-working but fun marketing department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their marketing career. We are looking for someone who has excellent attention to detail and meticulous organisational skills, with the ability to confidently talk to exhibitors and visitors on the phone.
We successfully organise 17 trade shows and 3 industry awards, all of which are leaders in their given sector. We are also publishers of two leading trade magazines and produce a range of digital products that support the industries we serve.
Over 70 highly motivated and talented people work in our Brighton office, all focused on creating the best possible face to face, digital and editorial experiences for our customers.
We pride ourselves on our working culture, that combines an entrepreneurial, 'can-do', attitude with a hardworking, but fun environment. Our modern offices are conveniently located 5 minutes from Brighton station, and our teams are the best in the business.
- Building and sending HMTL emails for visitor and exhibitor marketing. Training will be provided.
- Collation of content/information for a variety of event marketing collateral.
- Upload new content to the event websites using WordPress.
- Fulfilment of advertising activity including briefing designers for required creative specs and managing copy deadlines.
- Assist in the development of the exhibitor manual system.
- Co-ordinate exhibitor marketing activity to encourage show promotion.
- Assist in organising direct mail activity.
- Dealing with enquiries from exhibitors and visitors.
- Participate onsite in the running of the live events.
- Office administration to support the marketing team.
The ideal candidate will have a least two years’ solid marketing experience or a degree in marketing.
You will have a positive “can-do-attitude” with the ability to remain calm under pressure. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must, with the ability manage various projects at one time.
- 2 years’ experience within marketing or a marketing degree or qualification.
- A high level of organisational skills, with a methodical approach.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident using social media and knowledge of digital marketing techniques.
- Clear and confident communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office 365 and an ability to use business IT systems.
What you need to know…
- Competitive salary negotiable depending on experience
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Matched Pension contribution
- Excellent company benefits including healthcare cover, life insurance and critical illness cover as well as gym membership & classes contribution and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours available
- A great working environment with lots of social activities
- Start Date: June 2021
HOW TO APPLY…
To apply, please send us a one-minute video or cover letter saying hi and telling us why you are interested in this role. Please also send your CV.
Please send applications to Pamela Johns – firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place WC Monday 21 June 2021.
To be considered for interview, please send your application by Friday 18 June 2021.
Diversified Communications is committed to equal opportunities to all staff and those who work with us, irrespective of age, religion, or sexual orientation, ethical or national origin, gender, race, physical or mental disability and in line with the 2010 Equalities Act. Our commitment is based on ethical beliefs because we value a diverse customer base and the individualism each employee brings to our business.
Equal opportunity is about good, fair employment practices which make sound business sense. Every person has the right to work and do business in an environment free from discrimination and harassment.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge that your information may be processed by our People team for the purposes of reviewing your application for employment. By submitting your application, you agree to your information being stored on file for up to three months and might be used to consider other suitable job opportunities.
Your information may be shared with internal departments to support future applications. You can withdraw your application at any time and your details will be deleted from our records – You can do this by contacting us directly at email@example.com
All selected candidates are subject to passing reference checks prior to employment. Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK.