Vektor provides a hassle-free digital, design and print service. We have agency skills with an in‑house production team and facilities.
This means we’re in a great position to create, manage and maintain brand assets and then push them into design, digital, clothing or print production projects.
Vektor are seeking a self-motivated, experienced PHP / Forntend web developer with an eye for detail. We have a growing list of projects in the pipeline and are looking to expand our talented digital team. You’ll be working on existing webites, mainly within the pet retail and beer space, as well as some bespoke Laravel and WordPress projects. It would be considered advantageous if you also have strong frontend experience.
This role will be suited to someone who has 2+ years experience of PHP / Frontend development and is looking to progress into a more senior role.
You will also gain exposure and have the opportunity to contribute to our in-house boilerplate, with many rich and powerful features, used to kickstart our projects.
Your day to day role will include:
- Assisting in the ongoing maintenance/updates of current client websites
- Coding frontend website templates using our tried and tested boilerplate
- Developing and deploying new Wordpress and/ore Magento 2 installations
- Supporting existing and developing new web apps using Laravel/PHP
- Growing as a web developer by identifying and using the latest and greatest tools
The essential skills we’re looking for are:
- Responsive frontend development (HTML/SCSS/LESS)
- WordPress theme development/integration
- Use of APIs (JSON)
Nice to have skills would be:
- Laravel (PHP Framework)
- Magento 2
- Linux (Debian) command line
- Adobe CC software (Illustrator/Photoshop)
There's free off-street parking and we're a 2 minute walk from Burgess Hill train station.
Salary negotiable and dependent on experience.
Please call Pete on 01444 657 399 (option 2) or send a cv/portfolio/links to email@example.com.
Whilst making sure we always meet and exceed our clients expectations, we also endeavour to work in a relaxed environment, where everyone is encouraged to pitch in.
We’re also committed to making sure working hours are 0900 - 1730hrs (so no working late) and being flexible in terms of fitting work life around childcare for example. Along with other benefits, we have quarterly social catchups and friday lunch/beers are always on vektor!