NLS is a flourishing digital agency in the heart of Brighton. We design, develop and maintain digital solutions that make things easier, better, or healthier.
Our team of 16 is growing steadily and we are now looking for a creative superstar who can lead our team of designers and slot in seamlessly with our Technical Director and Client Services Lead to form a management team that will continue our agency’s success.
We work mostly in the healthcare, government, and technology sectors producing apps, e-learning, websites, software, marketing, and communications campaigns. Our culture is fast-paced and productive - we don’t have beanbags, but we do have a beer machine.
- An impressive portfolio of digital creative that shows how well you understand the important design issues as well as your creative versatility
- Strong agency design experience, the size of the agency is irrelevant but your demonstrable performance there is!
- Experience of managing others, and a desire to lead, nurture and manage other creatives to produce great work efficiently and restfully
- Experience in the healthcare / health tech / pharma sector, and perhaps also government/3rd sector work and B2B communications an advantage but not essential
- A track record of participating in successful new business wins
- Compelling communications skills, and an ability to explain complex ideas simply and creatively
- An interesting black book of go-to freelancers and connections you have worked with before
- Strong client-facing experience and good presentation skills, both face to face and virtually
- A willingness to turn your Mac on and get stuck into production! At NLS we like to lead by example, so your role will definitely include chargeable client work
- An incredible eye for detail and a passion to ensure that what goes out in our name, goes out right
- The ability to deal with multiple workstreams and projects at any one time, to prioritise work and deliver effectively at times when speed is of the essence
- The drive to promote mobile-first design and good UX above all else
- A strategic mindset that can deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients while keeping projects and accounts profitable
- Finally, you have the desire to stamp your mark on a growing agency and help us to build a successful business together!
About the position
Initially, this position is for Creative Lead, and you will be our most senior creative. Based on your performance, the door is wide open to move up to Creative Director. The role entails:
- Ensuring we are delivering brilliant, award-winning design work always
- Running pitches and contributing to new business presentations
- Growing, mentoring, nurturing, inspiring, and developing our design team, both individually and collectively, to optimise their skills and ensure as much creative work stays in-house as possible
- Ensuring our creative practices are robust and industry-leading, encouraging best practices and sharing new developments and technologies with the wider teams
- Thorough understanding and expertise in issues such as UX/UI and mobile-first design, plus
- Working on a daily basis in collaboration with the Client Services Lead and the Technical Director to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and to high quality
- Working as part of the senior management team to steer the agency
- Ensuring the profitability of all design and creative work, using our company systems, Synergist and JIRA
- Working with our HR associate to ensure that your team is well resourced and structured.
You will report directly to the Managing Director.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary, naturally dependent on your experience and potential
- Room for progression – we’re growing, and you will contribute
- Performance-related bonus (part of our Reward & Recognition scheme)
- Generous holiday allowance, including your birthday off
- Flexible working opportunities (by arrangement)
- Personal development (quarterly 121 reviews, personal targets, and your own individual training budget)
- Personalised company induction
- Company contributory Pension Scheme, cycle to work scheme and money off shopping vouchers
- Central Brighton location
- Did we mention the beer machine?