- Macdonald Associates Consulting
- Lewes, East Sussex
- £26,000-£30,000 pro-rata, depending on experience
- Customer Service, Office / Administration
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Opportunity for a part time Business Administrator in Lewes
Macdonald Associates Consulting (‘MAC’) is looking to hire a part-time Business Administrator to run the administrative side of the business and help establish a new office in Lewes.
Part-time: 2.5 days/week
Initial commitment: 6 months
Location: Lewes, East Sussex
Closing date: Friday 16th July
Start date: ASAP
To apply: please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
If selected for an interview please provide two references in advance.
Who we are
MAC is a management consulting company providing strategic consultancy services and training to a range of commercial and non-profit organisations. We work closely with CEOs and senior leaders, providing advice and services to increase the effectiveness of their organisations.
MAC was started 38 years’ ago and its work with clients is built on systems leadership principles and related organisational and psychological best practice. MAC works with a diverse range of clients including large multinational corporations, educational organisations, churches and other non-profits.
MAC is moving into a new business phase which includes establishing a new office space in Lewes and creation of a new Community Interest Company (‘CIC’) to provide consulting and training services to organisations less able to afford to pay.
This role of Business Administrator will play a key role in helping manage these new developments as well as overseeing all ongoing administrative responsibilities of MAC and the newly created CIC.
See maconsultancy.com for more information.
The purpose of the Business Administrator role is to run the administrative side of the business competently and efficiently so that the consultancy and training work can be provided most effectively.
The Business Administrator role will report to the Managing Director and will be expected to work with all Directors and consultants/associates.
- Manage the office in Lewes on an independent, self-organised basis; this will include all administrative matters of the business (often working alone) and maintaining equipment, insurance, broadband services, mobile phones, computer equipment and other office supplies.
- Oversee the financial management of the business which includes running all the bank accounts.
- Prepare all internal management accounts and budgets; submit all external accounting and statements to comply with HMRC and Companies House requirements, including annual accounts, invoices and billing, payroll, currency, VAT, GST petty cash, foreign. Included in this is close liaison with accountants.
- Convene Director meetings and present up to date accounts and forecasts against a budgets.
- Manage suppliers; arranging travel and diaries.
- Manage client relationships, including the administration of contracts and IP agreements. Integral to this will be creating and maintaining positive relationships with both clients and associates/other consultants.
- Manage relationships with other associations and other relevant parties.
- Oversee organisation and administration of international conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Contribute to the establishment and management of communication channels, including a new website, social media and other platforms.
- Contribute to the creation of content and materials to support the objectives of MAC and meet client needs.
- Administrative skills
- Excellent organisational skills, resourceful, reliable and flexible
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time and prioritise effectively
- High self-standards with a strong attention to detail
- Financial and accounting skills
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with systems to create, manage and present financial accounts + budgets
- Proven experience in managing bank accounts
- Professional, discrete and trustworthy
- Relationship management skills
- Comfortable to work independently as there are not always others in the office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Comfortable working with a range of clients, partners, associates and stakeholders
- Digital + IT technical skills
- Good understanding of IT + cloud based systems required to manage an efficient and effective workplace environment
- Familiarity with managing content on websites, social media and other communication channels