This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, focused sales professional, looking to develop their career within a successful publishing and events company.
The successful candidate will be confident at selling on the phone and face to face with a consultative approach plus strong communication and organisational skills. Excellent attention to detail is a must, as well as superb account management and the ability to confidently convert and close sales.
Natural Products News is the first choice for the natural and organic products industry. Read by independent health stores, managers of chain stores, pharmacies, wholesalers, supermarket buyers, brand owners and distributors, Natural Products’ reputation for quality journalism and informed industry comment is unrivalled. In addition to our printed magazine, we also deliver an industry-leading news website partnered with a fortnightly e-newsletter and social media.
We successfully organise 17 trade shows and 3 industry awards, all of which are leaders in their given sector. We are also publishers of two leading trade magazines and produce a range of digital products that support the industries we serve.
Over 70 highly motivated and talented people work in our Brighton office, all focused on creating the best possible face to face, digital and editorial experiences for our customers.
We pride ourselves on our working culture, that combines an entrepreneurial, 'can-do', attitude with a hardworking, but fun environment. Our modern offices are conveniently located 5 minutes from Brighton station, and our teams are the best in the business.
As a Sales Executive you will be responsible for the sale and promotion of advertising opportunities in Natural Products News in order to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Selling both on the telephone and face to face, with a consultative selling approach
- Account management to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- To identify and develop new business
- To ensure that individual and team sales targets are met
- To provide excellent customer relations
- Collaborate with other departments such as editorial, design and finance, to ensure delivery of client needs
- Stay up to date with relevant industry knowledge
- Updating and maintaining all systems relevant to the magazine, including mailing database, sales figures, contracts and flat plan for magazine
You will have a positive “can-do-attitude” with the ability to remain calm under pressure. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must, with the ability to manage various projects at one time.
- 1-2 years of dedicated sales experience
- Experience within the publishing, events or exhibition industry, but not essential
- A proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hands-on, positive attitude as well as being a good team player
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office 365 and an ability to use business IT systems.
What you need to know…
- Competitive salary negotiable depending on experience
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Matched Pension contribution
- Excellent company benefits including healthcare cover, life insurance and critical illness cover as well as gym membership & classes contribution and cycle to work scheme
- A paid day to volunteer at a local charity and give back to the community
- Flexible working hours available
- A great working environment with lots of social activities
- Start Date: July 2021
How to apply…
To apply, please send us a one-minute video or cover letter saying hi and telling us why you are interested in this role. Please also send your CV.
Please send applications to Dominic Roberjot – email@example.com
Interviews will take place virtually WC Monday 19th July. To be considered for an interview, please send your application by Friday 16th July 2021.
Closing date: Friday 16th July 2021
Diversified Communications is committed to equal opportunities to all staff and those who work with us, irrespective of age, religion, or sexual orientation, ethical or national origin, gender, race, physical or mental disability and in line with the 2010 Equalities Act. Our commitment is based on ethical beliefs because we value a diverse customer base and the individualism each employee brings to our business.
Equal opportunity is about good, fair employment practices which make sound business sense. Every person has the right to work and do business in an environment free from discrimination and harassment.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge that your information may be processed by our People team for the purposes of reviewing your application for employment. By submitting your application, you agree to your information being stored on file for up to three months and might be used to consider other suitable job opportunities.
Your information may be shared with internal departments to support future applications. You can withdraw your application at any time and your details will be deleted from our records – You can do this by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All selected candidates are subject to passing reference checks prior to employment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK.