Senior Front End Developer
- Trafalgar Place, Brighton + flexible WFH
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Front-End Development, Software Engineering
- Contract Type
You will play an important role in spear-heading the build of the application interface whilst collaborating with backend developers to satisfy the product and user needs.
You will be part of agile scrum teams, working with other developers, testers, dev ops and product management regularly delivering new features and iterations of working software.
As part of the wider Real-World Solutions Technology team, you will also have the opportunity to participate in regular innovation weeks, where you can show case your skills and interact with likeminded individuals in the pursuit of innovative software solutions to real-world problems.
Who we’re looking for:
You will be part of a growing team located across the UK and Europe and with a team office based in Brighton. In this predominately remote role, you’ll be empowered and encouraged to think “outside the box” to develop innovative solutions to drive business and the industry forward. Not only do you love to code, but you are also a self-motivated individual who can apply strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to daily challenges.
- Work collaboratively and efficiently across functional teams in a fast-paced start-up-like environment.
- High standard of engineering quality through code reviews and unit tests.
- Extend our platform to handle an expanding set of features.
- Create engineering efficiencies through automation and development of tools.
- Regularly make specific determinations about system performance and respond with sense of urgency to review and fix bug reports.
- Proactively work with Quality Assurance and DevOps to solve system problems.
- Review and refactor legacy code.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to peers.
- Deep understanding of frontend state management patterns (ideally React hooks)
- Experience with Acceptance Testing (e.g. Cypress)
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with microservices architectures will be a bonus
- Bonus points for working with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and also container systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
The OMOP Factory is a new team within IQVIA’s RWS Technology global business unit. Our goal is to ensure any patient dataset can be accurately, reliably and reproducibly converted to a standard format (OMOP) to enable researchers and pharmaceutical companies to run observational studies, and thus find out what works and what doesn’t in healthcare.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.