We are recruiting for a Project Manager with a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing complex and varied projects to join a new, expanding area of our business.
Working within a friendly, supportive SME environment, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of technical and clinical projects from start to finish. You will also be expected to contribute to developing our processes and our team’s capabilities to put us in a strong position for further growth.
We are looking for a highly motivated, well-organised and detail-driven Project Manager with experience of delivering high-budget, multi-stakeholder projects according to waterfall and/or hybrid methodologies. Our ideal candidate can build productive relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and clients at all levels and communicate clearly and confidently. All candidates with a solid background in project management will be considered, however, experience of managing projects in the pharmaceutical industry/other highly regulated sector is preferable.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to join a growing team at a crucial development stage and will be pivotal in helping us to achieve our growth targets, through the delivery of high-quality, on-time projects and a clear focus on process improvement.
About Custom Pharma Services (CPS)
Custom Pharma Services is an established contract development and manufacturing organisation with a broad portfolio of commercial and development products and has a proven track record of designing and developing new oral solid dose formulations to support clinical studies, followed by process development and scale up to successfully launch these new products. Our ‘Clinical to Commercial’ offering is achieved through an integrated new product development and introduction system that ensures we have a Flexible, Agile and Streamlined approach to deliver on Time and meet our customers’ expectations.
Custom is a great place to work where teamwork and support is encouraged, where every individual is valued and supported to achieve their full potential because if you can, then Custom Can!
About the role
In summary, requirements are:
- Clearly defining the scope of new projects in conjunction with clients and project stakeholders and creating coherent project specifications.
- Creating clear and realistic project plans and timelines, maintaining them throughout the project lifecycle.
- Managing multiple projects; monitoring and reporting progress to clients and stakeholders in line with project procedures.
- Engaging in proactive client communication and status updates relating to project milestones and ongoing activities.
- Acting as primary contact for clients, leading email communications and meetings.
- Working closely and collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders and subject matter experts across Custom, providing a clear scope of project requirements and ensuring timely delivery of project outputs.
- Ensuring project documents are completed, maintained, and stored appropriately.
- Creating and managing project budgets and financial trackers, managing project invoicing and ensuring scope changes are captured, costed and agreed by clients and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Managing sales and revenue forecasts, reporting key metrics to the Senior Management Team.
- Working with the planning team and Senior Project Manager to maintain capacity plans and schedules.
- Proactively driving process improvement.
Qualifications, knowledge, experience skills required:
- Educated to degree level or with significant relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ project management experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Able to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Exemplary interpersonal and client-facing skills
- Able to influence staff at all levels, including Senior Management Team
- Persistent and able to influence actions of others to drive desired results
- Able to remain calm when under pressure and work in a fast-changing environment
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and projects with potentially conflicting requirements
- Excellent communicator, ability to manage client relationships and communicate with senior managers, subject matter experts and production staff
- Capable of developing the Project Manager role and implementing relevant process changes
- Process improvement mind-set, able to improve processes whilst continuing to work with existing systems and ways of working
- Able to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy. Maintain confidentiality regarding company and Client information
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload
23 days holiday (increasing to 25), plus bank holidays
Company pension and life assurance
Profit related company and individual bonus
Subsidised gym membership
Bike to work scheme
Free employee parking is available onsite with easy access to the A27 or we are 5 minutes’ walk from Hove Station.
How to apply
To apply for this Project Manager vacancy please submit your application including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check.