Design and Brand Officer
- Hove, UK
- Up to £28K depending on your skills and experience
- Design / Creative, Editorial / Content
- Contract Type
Itad is a leading international development consultancy providing advice to governments, foundations, multilateral agencies and non-profits on how to maximise the impact of their investments. We have a 35-year track record of providing our clients with the information and insight they need to make development work smarter, produce better results and improve people’s lives. Our knowledge and expertise are grouped around Practice areas including Fragile and Conflict-affected Settings (FCAS), Human Development, Inclusive Growth, Social Protection, Climate Change and Livelihoods, and Governance and Institutional Strengthening.
The communications team sit within the Knowledge Hub and provide communications support for Itad and our clients. Within the communications team, there is a Communications and Engagement Manager, a Design and Brand Officer and a Communications Coordinator.
The Design and Brand Officer is an exciting and varied role, which focuses on supporting the Itad brand, coordinating and designing a range of materials for print and digital media. The role supports both the design work for Itad and for Itad’s clients.
There are several key areas of responsibility:
- Work with colleagues to create infographics, diagrams and other design elements for projects across print and digital media; identify and work with external creative specialists to coordinate branded work
- Monitor and advise on internal and external use of Itad brand, including the creation of branded resources for our team to use when networking; develop our internal brand and communication ensuring it is consistently used by all teams
- Support colleagues on report and other output design (in Word, PowerPoint, InDesign etc.);
- Ensure all templates, guidelines and resources are up to date and useable
- Create and maintain Itad brand assets and guidance for their use; build, manage and ensure consistent use of Itad’s library of stock images and icons
- Support visual content generation for the Itad website, LinkedIn and Twitter; support the publishing of content on Itad’s website and social media channels
- Where necessary, prepare files for printing and coordinate with printers
We are looking for someone who has a strong portfolio of creative work. You have either degree level qualifications in graphic design or demonstrable equivalent professional experience. Experience in the global development sector is desirable but not essential. You are creative, confident and comfortable to develop briefs and timelines with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels. You work well under pressure and are comfortable managing different stakeholder requirements.
You will be an excellent listener, using a range of techniques to facilitate conversations that explore and develop design projects with individuals, teams and design freelancers. You will have a proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks, while working creatively with a range of brand guidelines.
You will have proven experience using Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop as well as Wordpress. Your creative approach to Microsoft applications will allow you to design templates and confidently support colleagues in the preparation of reports and presentations that are ready for publication or submission to clients. Experience with video editing software is desirable.
Ideally you will also have experience working on design of bids, capacity statements and marketing materials and have the creative skills to design and develop materials for new projects in a range of branding including logos and template.
The salary for this role is up to £28,000 depending on your skills and experience.
We also offer a comprehensive learning and development programme, 24 days holiday plus additional time off over Christmas and a matched company pension up to 5%.
The role is based in our offices in Brighton & Hove (East Sussex) and as lockdown eases, we would anticipate this is where you will spend at least 2 days a week working alongside the rest of the communications team. You will already have the right to live and work in the UK.
The deadline for applications is 30 July 2021, however please note we will be interviewing successful candidates on a rolling basis.