This position of Applications Developer is within the Development Team and reports to the Head of Product Development and Infrastructure. The person appointed will take pride in the quality of their coding, documentation and unit testing and will be an advocate for compliance with web standards and accessibility guidelines.
Additionally within this post there is a requirement from time to time to assist the service desk and on-site delivery teams, This provides valuable insight into the end user experience and environment and assists the company with ensuring excellent service delivery to clients.
Key tasks include:
- Taking on tasks around maintaining our codebase and developing new features.
- Being a proactive member of our scrum team, taking part in planning sessions, daily stand-ups and bi-weekly presentations to the wider company
- Working closely with our UX designers to produce great experiences, across platforms.
- Assist service desk with 2nd line support
- Liaise with clients as and when required
The role requires a range of skills, some of which are set out below:-
- Traditional web development : PHP / MySQL / HTML / CSS
Other desirable skills for this post also include:
- CodeIgniter PHP framework
- Testing tools (PHPUnit / Selenium)
- Composer / npm / Git
The post holder should have a working knowledge of best practice usability and Agile scrum/sprint and be able to document code and provide system documentation.
As in many small companies the work environment is dynamic, and the ability to help as required is expected of all staff. We encourage all of our staff to access the traning budget to develop their all round skills.
We strongly believe the welfare of our staff is key to the success of our business.
Highly competitive salaries
Generous training budgets for personal growth and development
20 to 25 days’ holiday along with Christmas closure
Childcare voucher scheme
Contributory company pension scheme
Cycle to Work scheme
Summer outings and great Christmas parties!
Regular Friday afternoon social time with drinks
Last but by no means least, we offer what we consider to be one of the most amazing views in Brighton
In addition we have excellent benefits such as a comprehensive sickness and absence policy, access to expert occupational health services and critical illness insurance as well as offering death in service benefits.