Dream Harvest, a Brighton (UK) based Indie Studio, are looking for a talented Visual Designer to join their close-knit team to help push the quality of their games to the next level. You will be working on their current in-development title NeuroNet: Mendax Proxy, and their next, yet-to-be-announced, project.
You will be part of the core development of our games, working on elements of the UI/UX, UI animation, typography, visual layouts and more. You will also be supporting our outsourced marketing team by solidifying our branding and designing amazing graphical assets for web, social and merchandise. Moving forward, you will be leading the visual design of our future projects.
As a visual designer, you will need a strong background in graphic design, branding, user interface design, typography and motion graphics. You will need a keen eye for creating/defining visual languages for brands/products and competence across all aspects of the development process.
Most importantly, you'll be passionate about making things look and feel as awesome as possible for our players.
ABOUT DREAM HARVEST
Dream Harvest develops emotionally charged, premium games rooted in deep, hard-hitting narratives across various genres and platforms aimed at all types of players.
Our first title, NeuroNet: Mendax Proxy, tells the story of a city-management AI that finds its humanity in a world losing theirs to technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary (please apply with your salary expectation).
- 30 days holiday + Christmas week shutdown (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Flexible working hours + no crunch.
- Hybrid working (spend time working from home as well as the office).
- Being a start-up studio, you'll have a hand in shaping the company in a wide variety of ways.
- Employee share scheme (eligible after 1st year).
- Visa sponsorship + relocation assistance.
- Working with our Art Director to define brand guidelines for the studio and our games.
- Design logos, icons and illustrations.
- Create static and animated UI wireframes and design mock-ups for our games.
- Define and create all final UI assets for our games.
- Integrating UI assets and animations into game engines with the support of our CTO.
- Creating mock-ups for our websites and emails, and other marketing assets.
- Working with the rest of the team to define wider studio goals and help us to continue to push our games in new, exciting directions.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- A passion for user experience and player/user-centred design.
- Understanding of marketing, game production, website design, corporate identity, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Proficiency with design software: Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD).
- Knowledge of other design tools such as Figma, Sketch (Lunacy), Invision & Framer, etc.
- Animation / Motion Design experience in After Effects or other similar software.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to effectively take direction and collaborate with other members of the team.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- A drive to push visual design in games to new levels.
GOOD TO HAVE SKILLS
- Experience working with game engines and integrating your own assets is a massive plus (Unity / Unreal)
- Experience in using Unity's Animation and UI systems a massive plus.
- Passion for video games.
TO APPLY, PLEASE PROVIDE:
- A portfolio showcasing your best static and animated design and UI work across a variety of projects.
- We accept applicants without games industry experience; however, please include examples of UI re-designs or "fake" game UI mock-ups within your portfolio.
- A one page CV that shows off your layout/design skills and experience.
- A cover letter that explains why you want to come work for Dream Harvest and why working for a start-up game studio excites you. Please also include whether you will need Visa sponsorship and also include your required salary.
- Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Visual Designer.