thewealthworks is a software house specialising in Entity Management and Financial Software.
Our Troika and Plus ranges of software are used for a wide range of investment purposes from Trusts to Investment and Fund Management in the UK and Channel Islands, and as far as Mauritius, Malta, Gibraltar and Hong Kong. Our client base includes banks, solicitors, accountants and family offices.
We are a small and friendly team, originally based in a beautiful rural location just outside of Handcross, near Gatwick. Since the arrival of Covid-19 we have moved to working remotely, and plan to continue doing so for the foreseeable future. As one of our test engineers you will join our Product Development team and work on our web focussed range of wealth management applications. You will be responsible for designing and developing automated tests in addition to executing manual test suites to ensure adequate and effective test coverage. You will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle and be responsible for defining and agreeing the acceptance criteria/definition of done for each user story.
The successful candidate will work closely with the team to deliver test activities to meet the functional and non-functional requirements and ambitions of the stakeholders. You will participate in sprint planning activities and are encouraged to find and maximise test benefits within the team.
You will report to the Test Manager, providing assurances at team retrospectives and planning sessions to ensure best practises are followed, continual improvements are made and appropriate standards are adhered to.
The Product Development team all work remotely, but once the current Covid-19 situation has improved the aim will be to get together regularly (once/twice a month) somewhere around Sussex.
You must have experience of the following:
- estimating scope and size of testing effort
- test script design and execution
- manual testing
- test automation tools and test automation for web applications
- continuous integration/delivery
- IIS & MSSQL Server
- Configuring, using, and managing test environments and test data
Experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Azure Dev Ops
- Load testing
- API testing
- Test Management Tools
- A strong sense of client service
- Flexibility, and happy to multi-task, whilst following clear procedures.
- Enjoy working within a small team, and be able to act on your own initiative, as well as enjoying learning new things.
- A good problem solving and investigative skillset.
- Be able to communicate instructions and outcomes clearly and precisely to others.