Full-time, permanent role
We are looking for an enthusiastic digital/web designer specialising in WordPress to join our Design department.
Working alongside the Design Director & the Digital Designer, you’ll be involved in maintaining and updating our extensive portfolio of WordPress websites, from assisting in extending, improving and updating existing sites, content & asset creation including site graphics, web banners and email content, through to planning, wireframing and developing new products.
The role is often fast-paced, reactive and involves working with the marketing and sales team on multiple projects simultaneously, so attention to detail and organisational skills are essential and a high level of self-management is required.
You’ll get the opportunity to create content for a wide range of audiences and styles across our varied trade shows, publications and other events, and develop your skills working as part of a 5 strong creative team in a lovely bright modern office located in Brighton not far from the station.
We successfully organise 17 trade shows and 3 industry awards, all of which are leaders in their given sector. We are also publishers of two leading trade magazines and produce a range of digital products that support the industries we serve.
Over 70 highly motivated and talented people work in our Brighton office, all focused on creating the best possible face to face, digital and editorial experiences for our customers.
We pride ourselves on our working culture, that combines an entrepreneurial, ‘can-do’, attitude with a hardworking, but fun environment. Our modern offices are conveniently located 5 minutes from Brighton station, and our teams are the best in the business.
You’ll have a minimum of 2 years working in a relevant role such as developer, digital designer, web designer etc,.
You’ll have a portfolio showcasing live examples of your work, and the code behind it.Ideally, you’ll be comfortable balancing a methodical approach AND flexibility, and be happy taking direction as well as using your initiative.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial experience, working in a relevant role such as developer, digital designer, web designer (WordPress) etc
- HTML5 / CSS3 – strong working knowledge with examples are essential
- Wordpress OR PHP – a good understanding of PHP / WordPress are essential to this role
- Experience in creating email templates for Pardot (HTML templates)
- Photoshop – a good working knowledge of photoshop is essential to the role, ideally with some understanding of photo correction / retouching
You will have a positive “can-do-attitude” with the ability to remain calm under pressure. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must, with the ability to manage various projects at one time
- Experience using ACF / Metaboxes / Custom Fields
- HTML for Email and experience using an email service platform
- Experience with Woothemes / Woocommerce products
- Understanding of SEO / Experience with Google Analytics
- Video editing – useful but not essential
- A methodical yet flexible approach to your work
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to use own initiative as well as taking direction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hands-on, get it done attitude as well as being a good team player
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW…
- Competitive salary negotiable depending on experience
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Matched Pension contribution
- Excellent company benefits including healthcare cover, life insurance and critical illness cover as well as gym membership & classes contribution and cycle to work scheme
- A paid day to volunteer at a local charity and give back to the community
- Flexible working hours available
- A great working environment with lots of social activities
- Start Date: August 2021
HOW TO APPLY…
To apply, please send us a one-minute video or cover letter saying hi and telling us why you are interested in this role. Please also send your CV.
Please send applications to Roger Denyer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place in person or virtually WC Monday 26th July.
Closing date: Friday 23rd July 2021
Diversified Communications is committed to equal opportunities to all staff and those who work with us, irrespective of age, religion, or sexual orientation, ethical or national origin, gender, race, physical or mental disability and in line with the 2010 Equalities Act. Our commitment is based on ethical beliefs because we value a diverse customer base and the individualism each employee brings to our business.
Equal opportunity is about good, fair employment practices which make sound business sense. Every person has the right to work and do business in an environment free from discrimination and harassment.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge that your information may be processed by our People team for the purposes of reviewing your application for employment. By submitting your application, you agree to your information being stored on file for up to three months and might be used to consider other suitable job opportunities.
Your information may be shared with internal departments to support future applications. You can withdraw your application at any time and your details will be deleted from our records – You can do this by contacting us directly at email@example.com
All selected candidates are subject to passing reference checks prior to employment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK.