Are you happiest at work when you’re ensuring that essential operations are running like clockwork? Do you believe that good writing is vital in business? Do you want to be an integral part of a close-knit team?
This is a great opportunity to join one of the best names in the training world. At Emphasis, we’ve been delivering bespoke business-writing courses to companies including American Express, Bupa, Coca-Cola, Deloitte and the Equality and Human Rights Commission since 1998.
As you’d expect, our standards are high. In return, we’re offering you the chance to become part of a friendly team, in a role with great benefits and the flexibility to work from home or our office in Hove.
The operations assistant will play a key role in the company. We currently run around 50 courses a month, both remotely and in person – and that number is set to grow significantly. It’s the operations team’s job to ensure both participants and our trainers have everything they need to make those courses a success.
This is a busy and varied role, which includes:
- processing delegates’ pre-course work
- liaising with delegates and responding to their queries
- managing delegate appointments
- providing support on the courses we deliver remotely via virtual classroom (including basic troubleshooting of technical issues)
- helping to manage trainers’ calendars
- processing trainer invoices
- logging delegate attendance
- setting up e-learning subscriptions and helping with user queries
- assisting with general office admin and support.
Essential skills and experience
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- strong writing skills (a short test on this is a standard part of our recruitment process)
- excellent organisational and admin skills
- a great eye for detail
- superb customer-service skills
- a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- excellent telephone manner
- an interest in language and learning
- flexible and adaptable attitude (willing to start early or finish late when we deliver remotely)
- comfortable with using new technologies (especially remote-training and conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Webex)
- the ability to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Experience of the training/learning-and-development industry and of setting up or using virtual-classroom software would be a bonus.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter – clearly explaining why you think you’re suited to the role – to email@example.com, before the deadline.