Are you passionate about digital marketing or excited to learn about it? Do you love numbers and working with excel spreadsheets? Does the idea of managing £1M+ in digital advertising spend excite you?
If yes, then you'll want to read this entire message.
WHO WE ARE
Digital Roo is a UK-based digital marketing agency that specialises in lead generation for financial services. In the past year, we've grown from 0 to managing over £500k+ in digital advertising spend and are growing fast (expected £1M+ by year-end). We're looking for growth-orientated people who love learning and tackling new challenges, that are excited to learn about digital marketing, to join our fast-growing company.
If you're looking for a career in digital marketing, this is an amazing opportunity to learn from a grass-roots agency that excels at paid media, funnel building, conversion rate optimisation, lead generation, and much much more. None of this knowledge is required as we'll be providing full training for this role. All we need from you is your ability to think.
Since the pandemic, all the jobs are moving into the digital space so this role will not only set you up for an amazing career in paid media and the broader digital marketing space, it's also got longevity and reliability built-in.
Plus, we're pretty cool to work with :-).
HOW WE OPERATE
Experiment and make mistakes! We give our team plenty of flexibility to experiment and work out how best to approach a problem.
We're a remote team so be prepared to work from home.
We will not spoon-feed you. Be willing to make mistakes - this is not a role for people who love lots of instructions. If that is you, PLEASE do not apply.
Since this is a junior role, we will provide full training on how to succeed as a paid media buyer. But we will also give you space to contribute your own ideas and experiment with them so you can continuously learn and grow.
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for a smart, humble, data-focused Junior Paid Media Buyer to join our team. This role doesn't require any previous experience but you should be:
- Self-starting, resourceful, and endlessly curious.
- Analytical, numerate, and confident working with excel spreadsheets.
- Strong language skills and creative flair for ad copywriting.
- Have effective time management and organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a growth mindset.
- Pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others.
- A graduate degree in either accounting, finance or data analytics is advantageous but not necessary.
When you apply, please include the words “I Love Paid Media” as the first line of your cover letter. Any applicants that do not include this phrase will not be considered.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- You will report to our Director of Paid Media to learn paid search, paid social and display advertising, including navigating platform interfaces, pulling data and formatting reports, and other tasks needed to drive success for our campaigns.
- Setting up ad campaigns within Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and other major ad platforms.
- Testing new ad campaigns, ad copy, images, videos, hooks, and emotional appeals on a weekly basis.
- Preparing analyses and reports in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint, Google Sheets & Slides.
- Analyzing campaign data to see if any patterns emerge and then making recommendations based on findings.
- Daily monitoring & optimisations of campaigns to ensure budgets are being spent as wisely as possible.
- Audience and keyword research for search ad campaigns.
- Assisting managers with advertising budgets and forecasts.
- Assisting managers with writing ad copy, analyzing competitors & optimizing ad campaigns.
You should be:
- Passionate about digital marketing or excited to learn about it
- Excellent Analytical thinking skills
- Excellent with financial numbers & data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint) or Google Office Products (Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks
- Familiar with Google Ads and/or Facebook Ads (Not required but advantageous)
- Strong attention to detail
- Eagerness, can-do attitude
- A team player who takes initiative to assist others with their work
- Love learning and excited to tackle new challenges
WHAT WE OFFER:
In return for your experience, creativity and incredible mind, we’ll make sure you work with and are trained by experts at the forefront of digital marketing. You'll have access to many 'expensive' online courses and we're more than happy to buy whatever you think you might need provided there's a good reason for it. You can choose the hours you work and where you work from, as long as it fits with our team and clients’ requirements. Our full benefits include:
- Competitive salary £20k - £25k
- Flexible working hours & remote work
- Pro-rata 20 days holiday per year, bank holidays, and birthdays off
- Industry-leading training as a paid media buyer
- Excellent career growth opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your CV and Cover Letter explaining why you think you'd be perfect for this role, detailing any previous experience if applicable.
- We'll select 6-10 candidates that we believe are suitable for an online audition
- The best 2-5 candidates will proceed to interviews where we'll select 1-2 people to join our team.