Genie is a close-knit, lively Design & Print Studio combining a shop front and production centre in the heart of Brighton's creative area - the North Laine.
Genie offers a graphic design service and a complete range of full colour printing solutions. We cater to all, ranging from independent businesses through to large-scale corporate businesses. With a newly expanded, high spec studio & print room, we have a small team of designers, print operators and cheerful front of house staff. We take great pride in what we do - our attentive customer service, vast range of products and superb attention to detail.
Currently on the look-out for a PRINT OPERATOR, Genie require a new member to add to our team. The candidate should have experience within the print field, ideally using large format machinery and digital printers including specialist equipment to produce banners, posters, displays, vinyl stickers, garments etc, alongside standard printed products such as business stationery, leaflets and flyers created on digital presses. Please take a look at our site to see what we have on offer to our customers. You would be responsible for taking artwork from the original file to completing the finished piece; attention to detail and a keen eye for colour management are inherent.
MAIN ROLES WILL INCLUDE:
• Artwork Checking & Preparation – preparing files for print production
• Large Format & Digital Printing including:
Quality checking & colour management for the products that we offer
Vinyl application to various medias & materials
On site installation / fitting
• Finishing – hand finishing / machine operated finishing, trimming on a guillotine, laminating, binding, packing and dispatching products
• Stock Checking – managing the materials we have in stock & re-ordering when necessary
Some experience is a must but you will be fully trained by our Production Manager.
Machine & Software Experience would be beneficial:
• Konica Minolta Digital Printers
• Roland Large Format & Versaworks
• Matrix Foiling & Lamination
• Ideal Guillotine
• Heat Press & Sublimation Equipment
• Command Workstation
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Apple Mac Proficient
You must be:
• Approachable • Confident • Organised • Be able to work as a team • Thrive in a busy environment • Work to a high standard • Cope in a fast-paced environment & remain calm under pressure
This is a FULL TIME position, however the employee would be required to do an initial PART TIME introduction period of approx 3 months, which would consist of 3 days per working week. After this period the position would be on a full time basis.
Please drop your CV’s and covering letter into the store or email applications over to us including hourly rate expectations: email@example.com