UnitedUs are a Brighton-based strategic brand, design, and UX agency that works with clients to unite their people, find their purpose, and realise their potential. Approaching ten years in the game we are multi-award-winning, including Great Place to Work-Certified™.
As well as our brand and marketing projects we work on a broad range of digital projects, from global campaign sites for Aon through to digital product design for LEGO.
We are looking for people with a passion for using design as a tool to realise the business and creative ambitions of our clients and the agency. We want people who are passionate about creating digital-first designs, and have a desire to use all of the tools at hand to add excitement and magic to their interface designs. People whose approach to design is underpinned by age-old design principles and great empathy for users. We want people who question the brief, go on their own journeys of exploration to understand it further, and use their skills to deliver above and beyond our clients’ expectations. If this sounds like you, or what you strive to be, we want to hear from you.
The UI designer works closely with the brand design, UX, and development teams to create beautiful and exciting web and interface designs. Working in Figma, they will be responsible for designing and evolving UI toolkits, creating high-fidelity designs, and producing dynamic prototypes. They will guide the development team in realising their design vision through to a final product.
Everyone at UnitedUs plays a key role in the agency, and we want someone to claim their place in our team. By investing in our people we are able to help them find the role they want to play in the agency, and equip them with the tools and skills they need to get there. Some of the great reasons to work at UnitedUs include:
- Up to two additional weeks off at Christmas resulting in around 35 days off a year
- Work in a Great Place to Work-Certified™ agency
- One day a week working from home
- Be part of our agency rituals - Bacon & Waffle, Foodie Fridays, House Parties, and Away Days
- Complimentary use of the UnitedUs Palm Penthouse on at least one weekend of the year
- Personal development budget
- Opportunity to enrol on the UnitedUs Future Leaders programme
- Work with the UX team on implementing digital experiences
- Collaborate with the design team to realise brand concepts in a digital space
- Deliver high-quality designs and prototypes in Figma
- Collaborate with the development team to deliver websites
- Explore and deliver ways to bring moments of excitement in user interfaces
- Challenge and enhance our digital creative offering
- Support and collaborate with the wider design team on digital asset implementation
- Be a key driver in pushing our creative approach to digital design
Required skills and experience
- An exciting portfolio of digital work with a focus on website/interface design
- A thorough attention to detail and the brief
- Ability to provide rationale behind your thinking and design decisions
- Experienced in using Figma
- A keen interest in typography
- A good grasp of accessible and inclusive design
- A good understanding of design systems
- An understanding of how websites and digital applications are built and how your work can impact this
- Understand how to get the most out of your design for SEO
Please send your portfolio, CV, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - we want you to demonstrate how you can fulfil the requirements and be a key player in the UnitedUs team.
- You can explore our work and portfolio at unitedus.co.uk
- Find out what we’re looking for, and what it’s like to work at UnitedUs via our Wired Sussex Meet The Team session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKoLtDD243Q
- We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups in the creative industry including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates
- Applicants must have the existing right to work in the United Kingdom as we are currently unable to sponsor work visas at this stage
- No recruiters please