Maternity Cover - 9 month contract, may be extended. Will consider full or part time, no less than 30 hours
To schedule and coordinate publishing projects from contract signing until delivery of final product, keeping the Commissioning Editor, Marketing Manager, author, and other stakeholders informed of progress and any variance from plan, and ensuring the quality of the final products.
Who are you?
You will be an effective communicator and a calm, capable organiser who enjoys coordinating individuals and projects and bringing structure to complexity.
You will be confident using standard software applications such Microsoft 365, Zoom and Google Docs. Previous experience of project management and/or the publishing industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
Job Function Tasks and Responsibilities
- Scheduling of upcoming publications
- Project management of complex publications including titles with digital and mixed media
- Managing numerous internal and external stakeholders on a single project
- Liaising with printers, suppliers, colleagues and freelancers
- Liaising with marketing on planning, launching and promoting new titles
- Brief and oversee the work of freelance copyeditors and proof-readers, negotiate fees and monitor progress
- Work closely with editorial, design and production teams to manage books through production in a timely way
- Hand projects over to design with all relevant supporting information including permissions
- Review proofs ensuring compliance to specifications and incorporate any amendments to the manuscript
- Ensure that product-specific guidelines are incorporated, and the quality of the final product is appropriate to the market
- Ensure that online elements and e publication formats are produced and uploaded where necessary
- Maintain up-to-date publication files containing relevant information for editors, proof readers and marketing
- Experience of book editorial project management, or willingness to actively develop these skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Flexible, ability to multi-task and an excellent collaborator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and closely with other team members
- Good IT skills especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of digital publishing, or willingness to actively develop these skills. - Desirable
- Educated to degree level, or similar. Experience of co-ordinating multiple projects. - Desirable
OLM Group is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.
At OLM Group diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.