One of the fastest growing PropTech companies in the UK, with double digit year on year growth, Homeflow is a SaaS business with a very bright future! We are looking for a Back End Developer, based in the Brighton office, to support the growth of the team as the company matures. This is a great opportunity for the right person to take a challenging role, and to be involved in the development of the company. The growing sales and support teams are located in London, the other office, where this role may travel to on occasion. Please note that currently, and for the foreseeable
future, our teams remain based from home and the offices are closed.
You will be responsible for a variety of tasks (as listed below, not exhaustive) and generally support the Back End Lead.
We value our people and encourage promotion from within. The majority of our team joined in junior roles and have been supported by the company to progress their careers and experience. We want to find the next person to join us on our journey!
Responsibilities and experience
Your duties will include (but not be limited to) the following:
● Fixing back end bugs
● Developing new features and writing user stories
● Adding test coverage to legacy applications
● Devising technical strategy and best practices with senior staff in the development team
● Improving continuous integration/delivery pipelines
● Contributing to team-building during stand-ups and retros
● Furthering knowledge and understanding of relevant technologies
● At least 1-2 years of professional experience developing software
● Proficiency with Ruby/Ruby on Rails
● Experience with test-driven/behaviour-driven development, particularly RSpec
● Proven ability to write readable code and efficient, scalable software.
● Experience with static code analysis tools such as Rubocop, Brakeman
● Proficient with both document and relational database systems (particularly MySQL, MongoDB)
All candidates will be required to complete a “tech test” in order to demonstrate a basic level of competency with programming.
Please note that we will require a covering letter explaining why you feel you are a good fit for this role. Applications without a covering letter will be deprioritised.
No agencies please