We are a small, Hove-based company made up of a bunch of friendly people whose purpose is to harness public purchasing power for social and environmental good.
We help companies to understand how the public sector buys goods and services. We provide them with expert guidance on how to engage with public sector organisations and how to write and present effective bids.
Earlier this year we launched our sister company, Advice Gov. This is an exciting time as we expand into new markets and develop new services.
Advice Cloud are looking for a Marketing Executive to join our expanding team! Working closely with the Marketing Lead, this remote role will help us to grow our marketing efforts.
We are a small company, working remotely, so this role would be best suited to someone who thrives in a collaborative environment and is adaptable to working at a fast pace on different tasks/projects.
Please note we all work from home. You must have a reliable, consistent WiFi connection.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to campaign creation, delivery and reporting, alongside Marketing Lead.
- Email writing and scheduling to help execute email campaigns.
- Blog and content creation in line with campaign schedules.
- Using HubSpot and MailChimp to deliver, schedule and organise marketing activities.
- Website updates and maintenance (WordPress).
- Delivering the Social Media strategy (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook), including scheduling, maintaining and reporting.
- Working closely with the Marketing Lead to create PPC and Paid Social campaigns.
- Design and creation of product PDFs and sales collateral when needed.
- Working closely with the Client Delivery Team to assist with maintaining client relationships.
- Keeping a close eye on brand awareness and promotion opportunities.
- An understanding of marketing platforms such as HubSpot and MailChimp.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite would be beneficial, although not essential.
- A solid grasp of Inbound marketing fundamentals and practices, being able to contribute to new ideas and campaign plans.
- Fluent in English to understand technical terminology and write for business owners.
- Strong ability to write for a purpose.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfortable with data analysis and reporting.
Our ideal candidate would be:
- Aligned to our purpose – that public money can be leveraged for social and environmental good
- Excited about playing a role in growing a company
- Open-minded, curious and keen to learn from others
- Interested in exploring new ways of working and managing a business
What we can offer you:
- A friendly, supportive working environment that values personal and professional development
- A bunch of pretty funny, kind people
- A flexible role, with opportunities to contribute to wider business operations
- Work from home (or anywhere) – as long as you have a reliable, consistent WiFi connection
- Access to Platf9rm co-working space in Brighton or Hove
- £50/month work from home allowance
- 9-day fortnights – get a day back every 2 weeks to do something for yourself or the community
- Time for volunteering
- Annual bonus based on company profit
Advice Cloud are currently undergoing a business transformation at all levels (exciting!) and it is important to us that all new team members are the right fit.
- Please download our Scenario Questions form at the bottom of this page.
- This will contain 5 scenario questions relevant to the role which we ask you respond to in no more than 250 words per question.
- Submit your responses to the Scenario Questions, along with a covering letter explaining what has drawn you to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than end of day 22nd August. Please do not send us your CV.
- Your scenario questions will be anonymised and reviewed by our team.
- The 5 top scoring applicants will be asked to attend an interview on 30th/31st August, at which point your covering letter will be provided to the team, who will conduct the interview over Microsoft Teams (or another platform if necessary).
- We will aim to inform the successful candidate on or before Friday 3rd September.
We are following this recruitment process to remove unconscious bias as diversity and inclusion is incredibly important to us. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, gender, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.